ADVERTISEMENT

Nisqually D3 championship, CPC over vashon. Repeats!

FilmDoesn'tLie

Oct 11, 2012
Cedar Park Christian Bothell overcame a 9 point first half deficit and explodes in the second half to defeat Vashon 63-52. Nisquallyleague scoring leader Trey Drechsel led all scorers with 32.

Repeated shot clock operation errors led to multiple play stoppages in the first half prevented either team from getting into a rhythm. Ref crew subbed out the operator at halftime. After the break Vashon committed some unforced turnovers and let cedar park back in it. Norton got into early foul trouble and sat a lot of the second half. CPC played team basketball and in the last 4 minutes Ben Anderson save at least 3 would have turnovers including diving and tapping a loose ball down court that turned into a transition layup for Drechsel. Junior David McLaurin had my favorite offensive play of the afternoon with a 360 spin move at full speed to go around a set opponent and lay the ball up. Defensive stops at the end helped CPC to seal it. CPC will be play in the tri-district semifinal Friday. Vashon will face D2 #3 Wednesday in a loser out game.
FDL

FDL: do you know how they are handling tiebreaker for 3rd and 4th in Nisqually? looks like seattle christian and cascade christian are tied and split their season games. depending on outcome, potential interesting matchup between LC and SC. can someone explain how Northwest is in playoffs and overlake is not? overlake has better record and beat Northwest twice.

Cascade Christian defeated Seattle Christian 51-45 in a tiebreaker was held last night at Orting HS. So Cascade Christian (D3#3) will face Lynden Christian (D3#3). LC should be favored having defeated CPC that twice beat Cascade Christian.

In D3, 4th place is determined by a mini play in game between 4th place Nisqually (now Sea. Chr.) and Pt. Townsend from the yet to be expanded 1A Olympic league, which will take place on Monday. Winner then gets placed into the tri-district Bracket to face the D1 #2 which is Meridian.

I have not been paying much attention to Emerald City for a couple years but I seem to recall Emerald City league holds a mini district playoff for seeding to tri districts and Northwest beat Overlake on Friday night 61-59 led by San Cook's 19 points.

FDL

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT