ADVERTISEMENT

NWC Fighting?

NWC Alumni

Mar 1, 2010
i have heard a rumor that if there is any fights between sehome, bellingham, or squalicum, that they will ban soccer for a year? is this true? Has the tensions between these schools really reached this level of punishment?

I have heard a similar rumor, but that it is the players who will be automaticlly suspendend for the rest of the year - not the sport. There were a lot of "chippy" fouls in the Squalicum/Sehome game on Saturday - from both teams. And of course Sehome/Bellingham had their problems last year. Hopefully the coaches will be able to keep it under control this year. It doesn't help that those 3 schools traditionally are playing for the 2A #1 seed out of the NWC each year. Might change this year though...Lynden looks like a legit contender.

That sounds like a harsh punishment. i think that if this certain player has had something in the past they should receive a harsh treatment like this, but for one offense may be to much. however i think if collectively the teams can work it out it should be left to the players to fix.

The bellingham/sehome fight got pretty out of control last year, but I know that a lot of the guys who were involved graduated last year anyway...so hopefully that will make a difference.

yah that is true, but the fight was started with a senior and a junior, but i believe that that fight became such an issue that coaches have appropriately addressed the issue. Hopefully there can be some good soccer without all the drama, but the game should be left to the players and coaches and leave the administration out of it.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT