ADVERTISEMENT

Pasco Invitational

GrAnDmAsTrSeXaY

Mar 7, 2005
Some nice stats for aroud the Yakima Valley:

Nectaly Barbosa(Prosser) won the mile in a blazing time of 4:08.5 I believe.
Cade Wandling(Prosser) Ran an 11.13 and took 3rd in the 100 meter dash.
Zach Sybouts(Zillah) Took 8th in the Javelin, 163'6".
Isaac Bergman(E-berg) 2nd place(from where I was sitting) in the mile. Not sure about a time.

Prossers 4x100, 4x400, and 200 Runner have yet to run. And I am not sure if Nectaly is doing the 800 or not.

thanks for the info, i know selah had a few athletes going to the meet, any idea how the kids from selah did? As far as guys-Blanshen in the 100? Lawhorn in high hurdles? Young in Jav? Girls- Hutchins in low hurdles? Stueckle in shot? And Davis in any events she participated in? And any other athletes that did well?

Go to dyestat.com, click on NW region, then John Crawford, it will give you the times/placing in each event, to include preliminaries.

Prosser boys win Pasco Invite!

Barbosa with a meet record 4:08 in the 1600, and a tired 2nd in the 800, help the Big Red Machine, win the Prestigous event, Wandling in the 100 and 200 and relays also huge. Go Big Red!
This post was edited on 4/14 11:33 PM by sport11821if(GetAdminCookie() != 0) {document.write(' (Revisions[/URL])');}

So, for 4A boys to state, which of the finalists do you think will make it as finalists at State (barring injury) - and who will supplant some of them because they weren't there (Griffey, Jennings). It would appear that Hamilton, Jennings, Griffey, and Barrett should make it to finals this year (again, barring injury), so what would have been great to see at the Invite, we can see finally at State.

I'm concerned, though, 'cause the premier predictor of hamstring injury is previous hamstring injury - and if Jennings was out all last season, we can only hope he can rest up long enough to heal and that he has enough training time before State...

One thing, too, though is that I know this is a sports site, but with history of REALLY strong sprinters (Obea Moore) who just don't make the cut academically, it'd be great to hear what some of these young men do academically and otherwise off the track.

I read where Wafer of Moses Lake is getting some interest from WSU, and being from the Spokane area, I am aware of Jennings, know his family and him personally, above 3 gpa (college prep), if not noted a starter on Ferris's (29 - 0) undefeated State champion basketball team, WSU, ASU, BC, Oregon, UDub, UNC have shown some considerable interest. Well stated about hamstrings given our weather climate in the NW surprisingly we don't have more. I like you want to see the best of what we have to offer in the short sprints on the track at State.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT