ADVERTISEMENT

Prairie may have hope for the future...

HockSports

Jun 5, 2007
I watched one of my relative's daughter play for the Prairie junior team today. I can't remember if they were the 6th or 7th grade team. But regardless, throughout the tournament they played in they outscored their opponents 114-16. A lot of young girls can already play!

Look out!!

how is the new coach performing? I haven't seen them play yet this year as we have been out of town.

As far as I know, well! I haven't talked to any of the players or anything but the results are there. Granted, this is a youth program, but it is good to know the youth program is still attracting hard-working, solid athletes.

The Smith resignation last spring may have saved this tenured program. One year of miss direction may have gone, for the most part, unnoticed by the youth in that program. Two years would have destroyed it. It's appearant that hard work is back at the forefront at prairie. Time will tell of course, but I stand by my preseason assertion that Prairie will continue to improve and peak at the right time.
Skyview, other than a mistake that cost them the St Mary's game, looks solid as expected and let's hope they stay healthy. They are as good as anyone They too will not see much of a challenge as they move through their league games. Hopefully Chapman returns and creates a challenge.

This post was edited on 1/7 10:51 AM by wasports

Skyview against Mark Morris should be a great game. Skyview needs to win this game. I hope they turn it up on them because they will need a good effort to win. MM is a 2A school but it has all come together and they might just be able to compete at any level.

Skyview will win this game going away. MM is a very solid team and will repeat as state champs without question. Skyview, however, presents a dimension that MM is not accustomed to. The first quarter will be close. Second half, not so much.

I hope you are right on Skyview and hope the game with Prairie ends in similar fashion

Mark Morris is a school that has always been able to compete against any classification. Perhaps not in every sport but almost every sport. Boys basketball, football, boys and girls soccer, volleyball have always been very strong there ( a few of those even elite such as boys basketball). Seems like girls basketball might be catching up finally. MM boys basketball has won... ten straight league titles I believe? As much I despise them as rivals of Hockinson, it is cool to see the girls get their turn now. If only my Hockinson girls could get 'em! (We are good but not to that level)

Here is to hoping Skyview and Prairie can tackle the Monarchs but it ain't gonna be easy!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT