ADVERTISEMENT

Regional Predictions

sportsfan503

Jan 1, 2007
*I'm assuming Zillah beats Granger and Okanogan beats Brewster(I know we all know what happens when you assume) but I couldn't wait. I'll make adjustments if the others win.

1. Cedar Park over LaCenter
2. Lynden Christian over Hoquiam
3. King's over Kalama
4. Toledo over Mt. Baker
5. Seattle Academy over Kiona Benton
6. Zillah over Cashmere
7. Okanogan over Granger
8. Brewster over Burbank

It would seem Toledo caught a big break this evening with Cascade Christian losing. King's and Cascade Christian seemed like they would've given the D4 big boys some fits. Mt. Baker could be hot though.

Going to be a great state tournament!

Cedar Park over LaCenter
Lynden Christian over Hoquiam
Kalama over Kings
Toledo over Mt. Baker
Seattle Academy over Kiona Benton
Cashmere over Zillah
Okanogan over Granger
Brewster over Burbank

If Cascade Christian had beaten MB, it wouldn't have affected Toledo as they wouldn't have seen them anyhow. They would have been paired with Kings as Cascade C was the higher seed and would have had Kalama.

Exactly my point, I think they'd rather play Mt. Baker than King's. But they are all tough from this point forward regardless

Why all the love for Cascade Christian? Mount Baker outplayed them! I give Mount Baker a shot next week.
This post was edited on 2/17 11:11 AM by Warrant3

Toledo will be shocked by the physicality that Mount Baker will display. Do not be surprised if an upset occurs. They are hot at the right time. CTL....Whatr your thoughts on Zillah losing? Just wanna hear your reasoning. I wouldn't be shocked either, but am curious what you've got to say.

Wasn't love for only Cascade Christian, seems like historically tri district usually is a tough matchup for D4 teams.

Sorry, if you'd seen Toledo play, then thinking a physical style of game will bother them is way off the mark. I saw MB today and my hat is off to them for a great game and as I said in my post N/S Regionals, anyone can beat anyone else at any given time given the right circumstances. MB will have to bring a whole lot more than a physical style of play to get them because Toledo is an in-your-face lets get physical style of team. That's all Merzoiane knows and if a kid can't do it, he doesn't play. Also, Toledo won't be looking past them at all. Once again, congrats to MB on a great game today.

Was merely speculating, because it seems like non-NWC teams generally are shocked by the physicality. Thank you for correcting me. Can't wait for that game! Still think Toledo will win.

No, your speculation was right on because I was a more than a little surprised to see the physical nature in which they approach the game. It will take Toledo some time to get used to it but they will be prepared for it. They do things very well fundamentally and I think that will be the difference. But MB has nothing to lose so they'll come and leave it all on the court and it's high school basketball and anything can happen.

Mt Baker is a good team on a roll. for those of you keeping track, Kings beat them about a week ago, 55-37.

Mr. Buff,

If you know the coach's name, you are too close to the program to be objective. Therefore, I pick coach Gray's team to win. :)

Not at all. Anyone that lives in the greater SW Wa is required to be able to name the Toledo head coach prior to entering any game, otherwise no admit. Seriously, the guy played here and has coached here for a long time. His teams are always well prepared and fun to watch. Although he doesn't have as many yrs coaching as LC DeBoer(forgive me if I didn't get that right), he is as well known and respected in the area along with Bill Bakamus at Mark Morris and Dennis Bowers at Ony just as DeBoer is in the north. Realistically this next weekend we're down to the old "16" state format, just not all in the same location. And there were always games where someone got upset in the first round. Unfortunatelly now, its one and done and no way to redeem yourself. I wish I could say good luck to MB but I'm a diehard SW guy.

Understandable! I think Toledo gets it too. But if Mount Baker pulled the upset I would not be that shocked. The guy to keep your eye on for them is Reuben Murashov. He's streaky.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT