ADVERTISEMENT

Selah wins twice. Ellensburg loses

Vadin3003

Feb 28, 2008
Selah beat Pullman 3-1 if I remember right. Cheney beat East Valley Yakima 11-2 or close to that. Selah wins regional championship beating Cheney 12-4. Selah had 4 home runs in the championship game. They also announced that Ellensburg lost in 8 innings 9-8 against R.A. Long.

Wow, Ellensburg loses? It looked as though, they had their road to the final four smoothed out nicely for them. What happened? Coaching? Execution? I saw Ellensburg play once and I can tell you they have one heck of a team, more talent then i've seen on a 2A high school team in a while.

4 quality pitchers also.....

"We ran into the wrong team at the wrong time," Gibson said. "Maybe we're a victim of our own success. But you can't take anything away from R.A. Long. I've never seen a team hit the long ball like that. I hope they win it all. They're playing really well."

Jacks punch ticket to state

wrong team at the wrong time he said? they blew a 7-1 lead, i dont know about that one. eburg had no more talent than they have had the past few years, just a tad more pitching. they look better then they are because the league was down. they no doubt should have made the final four, but i dont think their coach or the players really know what it takes and how hard it is. it would have been quite the atmosphere to see selah and eburg in a semi final..but thats not the case. congrats to the four remaining teams.

ADVERTISEMENT