ADVERTISEMENT

State Bracket Predictions

football_fever3

Sep 23, 2006
So I did a little research last night, looking into all the 2A leagues, and how their crossovers work, and came up with a prediction based on current standings (one week of regular season games and one week of crossovers remaining). Obviously, there are matchups in the crossover that can greatly affect the seeding (for instance, can Mark Morris beat WFWest in the crossover, throwing off district 4 seeding). District 3 was also difficult to predict, as there is a mix of 3 different leagues in one district (Olympic, SPSL, and Seamont) of which I know very little. So when it came to district 3, I predicted based on common opponants and ratings (maxprep).

After all that, again, this is simply guessing and predicting, but thought it would be fun to look at:

Top Half Of Bracket (Westside)

Dist 1/2 #3 Burlington
Dist 3 #3 Lindburg

Dist 4 #3 WFWest
Dist 1/2 #1 Lakewood

Dist 4 #2 Capital
Dist 1/2 #2 Lynden

Dist 3 #5 Washington
Dist 3 #1 Sumner

Bottom Half Of Bracket (Eastside)
Dist 1/2 #4 ATM
Dist 3 #2 Bremerton

Dist 3 #4 Steilacoom
Dist 4 #1 Tumwater

Dist 7 #2 West Valley (Spo)
Dist 5/6 #1 Othello

Dist 5/6 #2 Prosser
Dist 7 #1 Pullman

How is it that a #3 seed gets to play another #3 seed and then there is a #2 seed playing another #2? It also makes no sense that a #3 seed gets a home game in the first round. I know there is no perfect way to do this but that just doesn't seem right.

I guess the logic is that a 3 seed from a district that sends 5 teams (District 3) is at least equally strong as a 2 seed from a district that sends 3 teams (District 4). Is that true in this case? Of course not. I think there will be a team from district 4 that doesn't even make the state playoffs (either Mark Morris or WF West) that would beat District 3's number 1 seed. But I guess I see the logic they're using. I just wish there was some better way.

Capitol, Mark Morris, WF West, Lynden, Lakewood. Only TWO of those 5 schools can possibly advance past the first round of playoffs.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT