ADVERTISEMENT

State Tournament Set

sportsfan503

Jan 1, 2007
1. Seattle Academy vs. Toledo

2. Cascade Christian vs Zillah

3. Cedar Park Christian vs. Okanogan

4. Brewster vs King's

Draw has ambiguous rules (especially rule 5) which are inconsistently applied. Cindi Adsit nearly made a huge mistake that was fortunate to barely caught in time. Brackets are lopsided. League and recent playoff matchups should be avoided until round 3 where at all possible.

edit to refine my thoughts.

This post was edited on 3/2 1:57 PM by FilmDoesn'tLie

FDL -- based on what ratings? Maxpreps? TNT? AP? Scoreczar? I know there are others....

It seems to me that even if we chose one rating or another (or even a combo) we would still end up with fights similar to the BCS -- who is #1, #2, #3, etc. Ultimately it is the same -- an imperfect result.

FOH

FOH: Use the FDL ratings of course :) Ha!! Just kidding. I recognize your point is totally right. I am not saying there's an objective solution out there yet. Most of us toss ratings out the window this tie of year.

I just wish there was an established process established prior top the season that had clearly written rules so I did not go into every draw feeling like "I sure hope they interpret the rules this year in the way I understand them."

Upon reflection of my experience last year, the draw just does not matter if you win all three games. You just have to go in knowing the real state championship game may very likely be played on Thursday or Friday. The second best team in the state might be the 4th, 3rd or 2nd place team.

Okay, so is this not weird -- and slightly ironic. If you take the scoreczar rankings, you have:

1. Zillah (1)
2. Kings (2)
3. Seattle Academy (3)
4. Okanogan (4)
5. Cedar Park (5)
6. Toledo (10)
7. Brewster (16)
8. Cascade Christian (25)

If you use those as the seedings, look at the matchups you end up with in the first round....

FOH

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT