ADVERTISEMENT

The Big One

kingofqueens

Sep 20, 2006
Grandview vs. Selah #1 vs. #2

What do you think? Grandview has struggled less against league opponenents looking at scores. Have seen Selah play and they run a very quick offense.

I think I have to go with Grandview on this one.

Could go either way. Great chance for one of these teams to send a resounding message heading into post-season play. Go Hounds!

Looking at what happened to these to teams last year, this game doesn't really matter. Grandview beat Selah at Selah before heading into districts, and Selah ended up winning State. So it could go either way, but the true test comes in 2 weeks. Selah is very experienced (I believe all starters played at state. Valdez is a 4year starter who played all 4 years at State) Lets just talk about experience a little bit more (please anybody correct me if I am wrong, havn't been here that long) the leader of the floor is usually the setter (quarterback). The Grandview setter is in her first year setting for this team. The Valdez girl is in her 4th year and played quite a bit despite be under Powell. I have watched Grandview twice and the setter seems to set specific players. I have watched Selah once and that Valdez girl seemed to use the whole team and you didn't know who she was going to set (she jump sets). Is this an advantage? If I were a coach, I'd go with an experienced setter. If anyone is going to the game, I would think you would probably want to go early to get a seat. I bet it will be fun.

Re: Grandview 3 Selah 0

Thanks hg...I got an update about 8:30 PM that Grandvew won the first two sets. Hopefully they can keep it going through post-season play. We know that they are more than capable. They have worked extremely hard.

Did anyone go to this? Saw the scores in the paper and it looks like Grandview dominated them? Were they even close? Thought it would be much closer than this.

I went onto yakimaherald.com this morning and read the article regarding the game. From what I read, It also sounds to me like Grandview dominated. They really had a lot of praise for Kinzi Poteet(spelling). Looks like she is a real dominate force on the floor, and has the size to further her volleyball career after high school. Does anyone know if she has recieved any offers from colleges?

I do! Go Cougs!
3dgrin.gif

I think the Selah coach's quote was spot on: the team that serves and passes the best wins. Grandview had minimal service errors compared to Selah and I can only think of 2 times they didn't pass a Selah serve well. Selah has a couple big guns but the GV defense was on. In my opinion the GV girls on this team are more mentally tough than in years past, which should serve them well in the playoffs.

Nice observation hg. Mentally toughness and passion stretches a long way. Go Hounds!

Hoopgod is right on. Selah's passing and serves were off and Grandview took advantage of that. I do believe though, when the next time they meet it will be a very different volleyball match. Sometimes a loss like this, really gets a team fired up. Kudos to Grandview for sticking with their game plan.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT