ADVERTISEMENT

This is not what you want when you transfer

statewide

Jan 18, 2004
Jackie Lanz is averaging 6.3 points per game @ St Mary's. If she transferred to get more exposure, this is not the recipe.

Really? Yikes. I bet she wished she stayed at Prairie. Yeah, they're not doing GREAT but they are still staying afloat. She would be so useful for Prairie right now, that just kills me. Oh well though, what's done is done, I suppose.

No doubt that Lanz will be missed by the Falcons in the fastly approaching post season. She would have made the difference in making it back to the dome. The Falcons have been moved to the #1 spot in the ST poll this week. When was the last time a late January #1 failed to make the dome? The Lady Falcons, unfortunately, are headed down the same path as the long underachieving boys program as they are now one of the same. Hense, game over.
flush.r191677.gif

This post was edited on 1/18 7:23 AM by wasports

Lanz leaving speeds up the process but it was going to happen. There was, IMO, no way that a new coach was going to be able to keep this going at the same level. It should make a lot of other schools in 3A very happy.

I haven't even seen her name in the box score the last three games. Maybe she is sick with the flu like a few.

Also I haven't seen Sitton in the box score for Prairie. Anybody know if she is still playing?

I finally did read that Lanz was sick and I still have not seen her name in a box score as of the 29th. I also read that she was in the running for votes for McDonald All American Game so maybe the exposure thing has worked out for her.

Feb 5th game and still no Jackie Lanz in the box score. She must have been hit hard with something.

Jackie Lanz still not showing up in Box Score of their latest game against Central Catholic. That's a month without seeing her listed.

Playoffs are underway for Oregon schools and Lanz did not play again. It looks like her illness is going to rob her of most of her Senior year at St. Mary's Academy. That is a tough thing to deal with especially since you transferred to that school for that senior year. It is good that she already has a scholarship to Portland State.

My last (perhaps) post on Jackie Lanz. She did play a little last night against South Medford but wasn't able to help her team much as they were really overmatched by South losing by 30 points. That ends her high school career and next stop will be Portland State.

One tidbit I heard the other day is that, as WaSports had said earlier, there was a lot of infighting on Prairie's team last year. I don't know who was bickering with who but apparently Aldridge was not aware of all that was brewing. Jackie Lanz actually resigned soon after last year's championship game. She explained that she was done with the situation and would either transfer or sit the year out. This was before Aldridge announced his resignation. It might have played a small roll but I doubt much as she would not be the first to leave or quit playing at Prairie. I remember when Andrea Cobb left after her Soph year to play for Oregon City. Players come, players go and now it is going to be to Prairie's detriment.

Damn. Things happen though, I suppose. It sort of reminds me of the one Prairie transfer a couple years ago that left for Elma up north.... then she tore her ACL and ended up not playing, if I remember correctly and didn't even get anything out of her senior year.... do you remember what player this was?

yeah, her name was Lindsey Lavenen and best friend did not transfer with her but decided to not play her Senior year. This is just an example of how sometimes Aldridge did not know how to pull back some when a girl was more sensitive. I know that he almost drove away a gal who lived in Hockinson in the late 90's because he was just always all over her. Al had favorites, he just didn't keep that fact to himself.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT