ADVERTISEMENT

Thursday Matchups

Well the 2 favorites get to share the same bracket. The CPC game can be a huge trap game for Okanogan who might be looking ahead to Kings. I have had a chance to see CPC and Okanogan play and this is the last match up outside of Kings the Bulldogs want to see. CPC is one of the best zone attack teams I have seen all season if not the best. What is Okanogan's bread and butter? Yep the 2-3 zone. Also CPC is physical enough on defense to compete with them.

I will pick Okanogan but this is for sure my upset alert game of round one based on the match up. King's will get the dome inexperienced Brewster club. Too much depth and their extended trap is nothing like anything they see on the east side.

Cascade Christian will give Zillah a game just because they defend but the overall talent of Zillah will win out in a close one. Toledo is not nearly as talented as Seattle Academy but why does my gut still pick them? Maybe it is because Seattle Academy has not succeeded in Yakima and their demeanor is such it fights itself in big close games. Seattle should win but I will go with Toledo in a down to wire game where coaching will matter.

Should be a fun day one.

1. Seattle Academy vs Toledo: I'm also picking Toledo for much the same reason.
2. The Nisqually Conference proved to be tough this season. CC is getting good at the right time. Playing in front of a large, loud crowd should help Zillah, but I see a competitive game. I'll take Zillah to win it but admit I'm pulling for the underdog.
3. 2old4this made an interesting observation about CPC being an excellent "zone attack team." I picked CPC as my "sleeper" before the draw and I give them a real shot in this game. At the end of the day I believe Okanogan pulls it out.
4. I've seen both Brewster and King's play this year. I think King's wins by double digits.
This post was edited on 3/4 7:38 AM by Warrant3

SAS very different team from last year. They will not be intimated. Toledo gets as much as out their players as anyone, but I think it is a bad matchup for them. I also think Okanogan has the toughest road should they make it to the gold ball. three, difficult, very different kinds of teams. Zillah over CC, but Leopards seem like they are getting a bit big for their britches. This time of year, you have to bring your A game each day.

Round One:
Seattle Academy over Toledo
Zillah over CC
Okanogan over CPC
Kings over Brewster

Semi's:
Zillah over SA
Kings over Okanogan

Championship:
Kings over Zillah by 15

Just a feeln'

I've seen both these teams. Like Toledo, SAAS is a dome experienced team and they have interior size with strong vertical leaping ability. The mental part of their game has improved and only have losses to high ranked teams. I expect this to be a lot more physical than what Toledo has played against of late. The difference in the game will be that Seattle Academy will often get multiple chances at the offensive end and Toledo may only get one on the other end. Can SAAS guard Brent Wood or will his shot be dropping silky smooth like it did early in the last game? If he an McEwan are on fire, rebounding may not be the difference maker, but I think it will be.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT