ADVERTISEMENT

To all the haters out there, McClung beat the Brazilian!!!!!!!!

cougartennisplayer

Feb 19, 2005
I was right all along, some of you also agreed with me, but most of you bought into the hype of the foriegnor, haha. Yeah it took 3 sets, but that's only because McClung's stratagy changed after the first set, but it didn't pan out as it was supposed to, but a win is a win. All and all it was a good match, but McClung showed his true colors, and came out with his 4th State Title. He is the 4th person (Kung is the 5th) in the history of Washington State to win 4 State Championships. McClung is the undisputed best player in 1A and 2A, beacuse the winner Travis Johnson lost to McClung earlier this year, 7-5, 6-2. So that means that McClung was the best player in Yakima, and no one can deny that, there is no argument against that. So again to all the haters out there who didn't believe or didn't want to believe, McClung won and proved you wrong. No one in Yakima could have stopped this kid, he was the best and he proved that.

So are you saying that McClung would beat the foreigner 10 out of 10 times? I dont think so. i say if they played again Almeida would beat him. Two great tennis players. Give them both credit on a very well played tennis match. Maybe McClung shouldn't have changed his strategy after the first set because he won the first and lost the second. The match went into a tie-breaker also. McClung played tough. He never got rattled and kept his composure. Almeida played with a lot of emotion. Great match!

And who exactly was doing all the "hating?" I didn't see any anti-McClung stuff on this board...

It was one of the best games ever though. You cant deny that. How many state championships go into a tie breaker. Almeida had a chance at winning to, but it didnt pan out. But as i said before that was probably one of the best matches ever. I think if they wouldve played again it couldve been a different outcome. Congradualtion to both players. So, where is Mcclung going to play tennis in college?

i have to admit that was a great match for the championship but come on cougar player. give it a rest you act like this mclung kid is pro status. you keep sayin the brazilian didnt have a chance. and how mclung changed his game plan. i think thats all a bunch of crap. everyone who watched that match even mclungs coach had some doubt in their eyes when that third set went to the tie breaker. i will give it up to mclung he played good but so did the brazilian. if they played again im still in the corner for the brazilian. good job to both mclung and will.

give it a break

Will didn't play well in the first set along with the tie breaker. What's your point? Give them both a break. They played phenomenal tennis. Atleast McClung has had some challenge along the way to state where he had the advantage. Will defeated everyone in 2 straight sets. Most matches lasting under an hour. Christian played tough all the way through. Congrats to both extremely talented tennis players.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT