ADVERTISEMENT

was i

HAHHAHA, i think you were on the poor little guys

or when baseball america had auburn at #30 preseason, the people realized they should stop talking

either way, go gators, you ROCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The more I'm talking with people "who know things", the more it's sounding like FP might be even better than originally thought this year. Alot of their guys have been seen in the offseason at showcase events, in local batting cages around scouts and hitting instructors and earning a bit of lip service. I'm by no means an FP guy, but it's been something I've been hearing. I was thinking they would be 3rd in SPSL 3A, behind Auburn and BL... but maybe they could actually contend for higher. I would still go with Auburn, but I'm excited cause I think it might make these matchups more interesting.

PS - Baseball America top 30, huh? Wow, the target on the Trojan chests keeps getting bigger. We'll see how they respond to that kind of hype. Should be fun to watch. I've got a gut feeling that they might stumble somewhere. We'll have to see how they are playing at the end of the league season.

Later --
This post was edited on 2/27 10:34 PM by Wildcat alumif(GetAdminCookie() != 0) {document.write(' (Revisions[/URL])');}

i appreciate the post wildcat. ive done some research, just a bit on my own, talking with numerous summer coaches, and actually some college coaches, and even cc coaches. only two names have come up. 1 being the catcher, whitehead, who has a chance at playing d-1 ball, but everyone tells me he has yet to prove himself. the other being i think armstrong? a lhp/of. not much talk surrounding him. but i can see your argument and am sure you have a point. but to be frank, auburns players, legit players, have all proven themselves, whether on the summer scene, showcase scene, mariner fall scout team, so on. in my mind i just can't see them falling to most teams. i feel the hardest game will be the preseason match up with tahoma. i give auburn maybe 1 loss, late in the season. then in second i have bonney lake, led by pitching of presscott, and production from kuykendal, montplasier, scott, and hasbargen. then i have white river, led by the catcher ryckman and payne. then a fight for four between eumclaw, riverside, and fp. i may be wrong, but this is my pre season picking.

Good stuff...

Yeah, Whitehead / Armstrong both good. I'm trying to remember the other names I've heard floating. Not D1 guys... just depth. Rasmussen is one (LHP/1B)... I don't remember the others. Like I said, it was passed in conversation.

Couple more things... Ryckman & Payne are really good, but White River lacks depth. I see them being inconsistent. Pull off a big win, and lose one they shouldn't. I don't see them in the top 3. Time will tell, obviously. It'll be a decent league even with the lower teams this year. Yes, there is a big dropoff... but, Mtn View, Sumner, Enumclaw, A-R have enough good players each to beat one of the other teams on an off day.

Yes, Auburn is at a different level. BL is very deep, but I think they'll go through a drought at some point. PS- Prescott is not their best pitcher... Hasbargen is. He works 84-88 with a nasty curveball that is as accurate as his fastball. Prescott just has never quite filled into that frame of his and become a dominant guy... that is, unless you know something I don't. Haven't seen him since last summer, but he still only works 82-85 from everything I was told. He strides long, which makes it seem a bit quicker, though.

Prediction:
1 - Auburn
2 - BL
3 - FP
4 - Oh boy... hmmmm... White River? I want to see what else they have...
5 - Riverside. Matt Burrows not playing I heard. Still have Matt Renner and Ian Post, though. Low scoring games for them??
6/7/8 - Sumner, Mtn View, Enumclaw in no particular order. I really dont' think any of them are truly bad. Sumner will be better this year. Lack pitching. Mtn View has a few kids who can play with poor depth, good coaching. Enumclaw's talent is in their younger players... it'll be interesting to see what Fiedler can do with them this year.

I think it's a crapshoot after the top 3, honestly.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT