ADVERTISEMENT

Well now. Royal are officially league champions

thatmexicandude

Feb 14, 2006
ok well who else could possible have a chance to beat the all mighty Royal Knights. they have been doing very good so far. now lets see if at state they can keep the powerhouse alive.. Does orting or lakeside have a shot at (well lakeside) at another title!?

I believe that the 1A state champs will come from Orting, Lakeside and Royal.
It should be a fairly close score.. (I think Warden will be a top 5er too) Lake Roosevelt, Rochester, Omak, Chelan, Kalama all should be in the mix. Warden will be up there also.

I will clarify before I critique, but Luvene, are you suggesting that all 1A state champs, 103-285, will all come from Orting, Lakeside, and Royal? That should be some pretty good motivation for any of the other 40 or so teams and their wrestlers if so.

Or did I just read it wrong and you were suggesting that the 1A "team" champ will be from the the big three? Which of course would be right on.
This post was edited on 1/29 2:41 PM by lucha94if(GetAdminCookie() != 0) {document.write(' (Revisions[/URL])');}

He probably meant a large majority of them which is nearly true.. all three teams have shown strong all year in nearly every weight class. Of course there are many other wrestlers to consider from other teams that will be competitors.

The following guys might have something to say about the majority coming from the big 3, 119-Troy Cunningham, 145-Drew Walter, 152-Justin Eastman, 160-Adam Orozco 189-Tate Collins, and at 215-Darrick Green,Marquez and Izzy torres all very capable of taking the title otherwise it seems as though Royal, Lakeside and Orting seem to have the other weights covered

backer30 the guys u mentioned are basically in a league of their own, but the "big 3" are all capable of winning state, both lakeside and royal not only have talent but experience at a level where theyre competing for a team title....BUT orting has a tough looking group of middle weights with farrington, fetter, prince, thompson, and mann (i think thats his name)

So what was the Dual like between Royal and Warden. Did Arturo get pin again? Also, what is Orting lineup? They may have top contenders but when it comes to 1A do they have depth?

I agree... We all know about the big names, but based on Royal's second team, I have to give them the edge. They have guys on that second team that could score alot of points at state. How many times has Royal gone over 200 points at tourney's this year?? And that's not including their "non-scorers"!! Does anyone know what Orting and Lakeside's second team are like?

That is absurd, Vashon Island, Mabton, Colfax, Newport, Tonasket, Warden (I dont think they have a champ tho), Ranier (I dont know where the Sanford kid is at) all have chances for state champs... I was referring to the top dogs as in team, sorry if I wasnt clear. But I dont think it will be anyone but Royal, Lakeside, Orting, (Lake Roosevelt, Kalama, Warden, Castle Rock,) vying for the 4th postition, then through in Chelan, Omak, Montesano, Tenino, Newport, Colfax, Cascade, Ki-Benton all looking for a 8-16 spot.

Just my opinion I am sure I left out someone or assumed that a 2A'er that did ok last year would do better this year.

Me

He ment Farrington is 125 this year and tearing em up....
Orting has Mann - 103, Farrington - 125, Fetter -130, Prince - 135,
Thompson - 140 and Meeks 145... All of the kids have the capability to
be in the finals at the DOME !!!!

FYI.. The Sanford kid transfered out of Rainier last school year, then lost his appeal when he wanted to transfer back...maybe he shoulda hired a lawyer like everyone else...

Yes i know everyone is saying Royal will take it and they are the team to beat. Im not taking that away from Royal but from coming from the 2A with plenty of experience my word of wisdom to you guys is never count out Coach Jones with Lakeside he is an impresive coach to get that title. I have seen him get beat several years in duals by teams like Orting, Mt. Baker, and Othello and seen him come back at state and win that state title. Another team is Orting they come fighting at the state tournament also. And No it wont be Royal, Warden, and Lakeside winning state titles at all classes I can Guarantee none of those teams wrestlers will beat out Adam Orosco from Connell. Another is dont count out Wes Jenks either he can surprise ppl with a couple of upsets and get himself into the finals also.

Again, coming out of districts, Royal looks like they have 19 at regionals and Lakeside looks like they have 20. I still think that it is going to come down to the second teamers that can get through. This will spark some conversation, Royal may not get as many through because their region is stronger. In their district they have Warden, Connell and Kiona Benton with some state top 4 potentials, and then in regionals they have Granger, Goldendale and Mabton with some very strong wrestlers. Why I think I can make that statement is that you have five teams in that region that have either won or taken second at tournaments this year.
This post was edited on 2/5 9:04 AM by ghsx2if(GetAdminCookie() != 0) {document.write(' (Revisions[/URL])');}

Royal's region is not close to as tough as Lakeside's. Maybe if Connel had a good team this year it could be, but they don't. They have two wrestlers. Region 4, actually i think it is now Region 3, places the most wrestlers in 1A every year. This year will be the same. I think this favors Royal for a state title because, as we have seen in the past with Warden, the overall weakness of this region allows the region's top team to advance more number two guys than Region 4's top team. I think Luvene can back me up on this.

p.s. One should also factor in the difficulty of the tournaments Lakeside has attended this year. Rocky Mountain Rumble in Utah, Inland Empire Classic at University, Tri-State, etc.

Once again like i said before another factor is Coach Jones. He knows how to get it done, And im sure he has a few more under his belt, considering this is his last year. Lakeside does have the harder regionals but they due manage to get enough through to state.

Well, I believe the SCAC region is a little stronger, but that's my opinion. Wouldn't it be cool to have a tourney with Lakeside, Colfax, Omak, Chelan and Lake Roosevelt against Royal, Warden, Granger, Goldendale and mabton? These are probably the top teams in each region (in no particular order) and not to disrespect the others in the regions because they have some outstanding individual wrestlers, but I am talking about teams. I am not sure how to read the district scores... It looks like Omak chelan and LR were pretty even, but you can't win the other district by 160+ points and say it was strong. (I don't have the score in front of me but I know it is around there somewhere)

Lakeside would dominate any district, except for maybe royal's. And that district would have been a two team show. I am talking about depth, not just the top team. Lakeside was the only team in district 7 to have two deep in every weight. That is how they dominated. Believe me, the Caribou-NEA region will have more placers than any other region in the state, including the super region.

Alot of that depends on how lucky you are in the draw. I am definitely not saying Caribou is weak, but I am saying is look at the tournaments on Gilberston's site and see how teams fared against each other. It seems that it's pretty square. i think it could be said that it would Lakeside and Royal would battle in any 1a division along with Orting. 2a, I agree Jones is going to have his boys ready, but I still got to wonder if you are the defending 2a and you have the defending 1a in your house, how can you not use your magic to win that dual. Even though it doesn't mean that much in the long run, it is a great time to make a statement. Royal also has a way of getting fired up in the post season.

Jones and lakside are not known to step up in duals. They are known to get the job done at state, to win that state championship.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT