ADVERTISEMENT

What teams to look for this upcoming year

Apr 18, 2010
What teams do people have for this year in the early stages? I know chimicum will be solid as well as chashmere of course but who else. And who thinks cashmere can repeat?

Chimacum, Meridian, Naches, Cashmere, Rochester, Ridgefield, Kalama, Cascade, Chewelah and Cascade Christian. I could easily see it being the same four in Yakima this year. But think any of the other above listed teams could easily squeeze in there.
On the westside, Chimacum, Meridian and Rochester are loaded. Ridgefield was a good 2A program last year and Kalama always seems to be solid. On the eastside, I think Naches' success speaks for itself. Honestly, I was a little surprised by Cashmere last year but kudos to them--not sure what they have coming back.

As for 2A Wf west is the easy favorite, if they just play there game like they can no one in 2a this year will be able to compete with them, Archbishop murphy is young this year and could make a run for it if everything comes together right.

ya i can see all of those teams being good ones but i disagrea with the 1A teams i do not think it will be the same 2 teasm from the west i think it will be Chimecum but i would be suprised if Meridean makes it there again but as for the east i do not know alot about them so i would agree with those 2 teams cause it seems like they always have those 2 teams in it year after year

Chimacum is gonna be solid returning the state player of the year, other than that I don't know a lot about other teams. I expect Meridian and Montessano to be good. Not much out of the ECL though. Cedar Park should take the league again but we'll see when they get to tri-districts.

Seattlestar, Cedar Park may come out on top but we will see, it is possible due to the very weak emerald city league. Although Cedar Park has very little talent, there best player, Ben Circeo is a low level community college prospect at best(lack of size, athleticism and power ability) but, he should be solid playing weak 1a competition . Should be some good matchups in the emerald city this upcoming year.

Not a biased opinion but Rochester should be tough this year. Will most likely have two very solid pitchers. Montesano will also be in the hunt as always

I would not be surprised if the 1A final four is the same teams as it was last year. Cashmere, Chimacum, Meridian, and Naches Valley. I remember noticing that all 8 pitchers that started games on final 4 weekend return this season. I was very surprised at how young all 4 teams were last May.

Very difficult to win back to back titles. cashmere will have a chance but I would put my money on the Cray kid from Chimacum. After you win it once ( cashmere) you won't be as hungry as those that lose in the bottom of the 7th.

Moonshot, the only competetive games last year were Cedar Park vs BCS and with 2 of BCS's top 3 players out for all of this season, I don't see them having very much competition in league. The other teams are either struggling to find enough players to have a team (UPREP) have no pitching (Overlake) or havent won a league game in several years (Bush). Also, Circeo was an all-state SS last year as a junior, should be bigger, faster, stronger this year.

Seattlestar you may be correct about CPC coming out on top but BCS always manages a way to reload talent also. Overlake does lack pitching but could make a run however CPC lacks in the pitching department as well. Also about Circeo he is a decent player, but I have heard from Washington State coaching that he doesnt have what it takes to perform at a high level hence them bringing on more athletic SS's such as Ian Sagdal. I have personally seen Circeo play before and it is clear that he struggles with his range at SS. He will always be a solid 1a baseball player though.

i would disagree with CPC not haveing pitching becasue there best pitcher was out last year with an arm injury and they still mad it all the way to regonals with the pitching they had and they are returning all of them and they will be even better. and i also have seen Sagal play at SS and he is very solid both at the plate and the field but circeo is also solid at SS also.

Montesano should be a surprise this year. Kalama will continue to dominate as they do every year. As for the ECL: Overlake has two decent pitchers in Lucas Pederson and a transfer from Issaquah. BCS is missing Nat Townsend and Jojo Howie for the season, but they still have Ryan Fitzpatrick and a lot of young talent at the plate. Uprep is having trouble even fielding a team, but they have a Junior that will single handedly carry the club yet again. Finally, Cedar Park, the defending league champs, lost one senior in Lucas Burns but gained the ace of the club, Matt Heindel, who is coming off shoulder surgery. They also have a young freshman phenom that is most likely going to start at catcher. They have gained 3 potential starters while only losing one. From my sources, Cedar Park is favored to win the league convincingly but will most likely choke in state as they have in their last two appearances. ('08,'10)And last but not least, congrats to Crae for being ranked in the top 20 in the newest baseball northwest rankings. best of luck to you and congrats on a successful summer with the Brewers. THE END of my novel.

yes im a 100% football fan. but im thinking about going into americas past time this year and support baseball forums. Sooo at the 2A level. whos looking like the team to beat? w.f.west won it last year didnt they?

the scac might have a fight for the league championship. naches loses some big players. zillah and goldendale return alot

"BCS is missing Nat Townsend and Jojo Howie"
Injuries ??

I'm sure the new BCS coach will get the best out of his young team and have them in the ECL hunt.

R23

As far as the scac goes, i think that kibe should have a rather good team. They bring back a good team from last season and only lost maybe two players off of there team. They should make it pretty far into the season.

I heard they had two transfers who throw upper 8's but you can never really trust velocity rumors people usually add on some extra velo.

Yeah definitely true. Well good for them it'll be nice to have some good competition this year in the ECL for at least the top spot and maybe more if Overlake can step it up a bit.

Ya i'm sure Overlake will be decent they have the potential to give good teams a run for there money but defiantly not in contention for the 1 or 2 spot in the ECL. I also think u prep might be decent not this year but next year.

What r u two talking about? The ECL is going to be terrible this year....I saw CPC and BCS play last year and they were both very avg. at best.

UPrep is definitely going to struggle this year. They only have about 15 kids in their program and, from what I've heard, half of them are freshman this year. I do expect a big year out of Petersdorf again though. I don't know too much about Overlake's individual players although their first baseman and the younger Paplawski should be their best hitters. They always seem to put together a good team regardless of their talent. We'll see how CPC and BCS do outside of the league. They both have proven position players at a higher level, the real question will be whether or not they have the pitching to shut down the eastern teams and other teams in the tri-district like Meridian, Montessano and Chimacum.

ADVERTISEMENT