ADVERTISEMENT

Who's the best?

LetsBeHonest55

Sep 26, 2011
This is lynden's 4th title in 6 years. 5th all time. I think this was a very good lynden team. But im curious as to how you think this lynden team stacks up against the previous ones?

I think it was one of the weaker ones. The Chris Bolt led team would be my pick for the best one.

That team was also the nucleus of the state championship basketball team - football 2006, basketball 2007 champs. Seems like the NWC was a little stronger then but I'm certainly not taking anything away from this years Lynden championship team and possibly next years'.

I completely agree with you on the 06 lynden team. Bolt is still the best quarterback, not named jake locker, to come out of the NWC in the last 10 years. They had some serious players on that team.

I dont want to take anything away from this years team, undefeated is undefeated no matter how you look at it. I mean yes, you can say the league was WAY down, which it was, but they still won the close games and got it done.

2009: best. Returned 19 seniors from the championship team the year before. Those starters that they did lose, they found ample players to replace them.

Im going to assume you are still in HS. That being said, you are probably too young to remember much about the 08 team and even less about the 06 team. I'll admit, im without question a lynden homer, that being said, i have no problem setting you straight on why 06 was the best team of any of the lynden state championship teams.

all you have to do is ask

I could go on and on about the 06, i could throw names and position comparisons, go down the line about discussing stats and league strength of then and now. But i'll make it brief.

The 06 team (arguably) the best player in the last 10 years on it. Chris Bolt. He was unreal. by far the best QB lynden has had in the last decade and quite possibly the best athlete. The kid was a show, and could do it all. He is (in my mind) the difference maker between the 06 and any other lynden team that has been around in the last 10 years

Chris was a great athlete i agree but saying he was by far the best QB of the last decade is way too bold. I think the 06 and 09 squads match up better than 06 and 08. Its hard to say. There are a lot of intangibles that play into a football game. Team experience would play a big part with the edge going to 09, but 06 still had Pat at D coordinator and that would also be huge. I think its too close to call. We can speculate all we want but we'll never know. What isn't debatable is that all 3 teams enjoyed great success and overcame serious obstacles to earn their titles, each one being just as great an accomplishment as the other.

Well since you seem to know quite a bit about lynden football over the past decade. im curious as to who you think is Mr. Bolt?

ADVERTISEMENT