ADVERTISEMENT

Zillah missing players??

Average Joe

Aug 9, 2002
I was just looking thru the boxscores from the weekend and noticed Salcedo did not play this weekend and Myers played Friday but not Saturday. Anyone shed some light on this?

Really? 80 views on this post and not one response. Salcedo was injured the previous week at the Sundome Shootout. Myers quit due to diminished playing time. That's unofficial and if anyone knows different then speak up.

This post was edited on 1/10 4:24 PM by Money$$

With Zillah losing their last two games, I wonder if they're missing Myers yet? I'm sure she would have made a difference in the 10 point loss last night to Granger!
Why would her playing time diminish, especially after she had been a big part of her teams offense the last two years? I guess it's going to be one of life's unsolved mysteries!

I think a lot of people were wondering the same thing. In her last game (Naches) she sat on the bench while we were down 7 and under two minutes. Don't you want one of the leagues top three point shooters on the floor? Total mystery to me. There are some girls playing alot who literally turn the ball over every other time it's in their hands. She wasn't one of them. It's too bad. We are going to miss her and team is worse off without her. Much worse.

Coaches should always have their best players on the floor, no matter what the situation is. If one of your best players has trouble defending man-to-man, then you put them on the other teams less fortunate player and you offer help if they need it (hedges, traps, double teams, etc.), you don't have them sit on the bench!
I hope the Myers girl continues to play, but for a coach or a program that will help her get better and that will also utilize her instead of sit her next to the water cooler!

Everyone's entitled to an opinion Ace. I suppose you never question the police, a politician, your boss, your parents, your wife. Lol. C'mon. This is a discussion board.

You are right everyone is entitled to their opinion. Interesting how all the opinions take a slant against the coach. The gist I get is that just because a player is in the top 8 talent-wise they should play? Not sure I totally agree. Are you there for every practice? Every off-court team event? Do you know what kind of attitude this player brings? Work ethic? It is easy to make "arm-chair" comments when you only see the games.

I guess my point is there could be so much more to the story that is not being brought up here.

That is my opinion. Thanks for listening.
This post was edited on 1/20 10:59 PM by wahfan11

You're right wahfan, their could be so much more to the story, but in this instance, I think you're the one that's making the "arm-chair" comments. Great kid that comes from a great family with a great work ethic.
When you're a huge part of a teams success for two years, and the coach forgets about you or chooses to go in a "different" direction with the program, then I'm sure you would be a little frustrated too!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT