ADVERTISEMENT

1a track

tailgatorfan

Oct 11, 2003
this is blair collins first year doing track and he has done well in his first two meets. in the 100 he ran a hand held time of 11.03, long jumped 20' 9", high jumped 6'0", and is part of a 4x1 team who ran a 44.74. who will be his best competition in 1a?
This post was edited on 3/30 1:25 AM by tailgatorfan

I would Throw Brett Cylde in for the high jump and long jump and maybe the Triple Jump ... He has the talent.... Just needs a Coach.

at ray cross clyde couldnt even clear the 5'10" mark in the high jump, and i dont think clyde came within 2 or 3 feet of collins in the long jump

Collins looks like a good newcomer but there is plenty of good competition out there.
Iseman of BCS won state with a 22 foot long jump last year and is the one to beat.
Vetter of Montesano has already high jumped 6'4.5 this year.
and the 100 always comes down to who can handle the presure on the day but the defending state 100/200/400 champion Fuller of King's looks tough again.

Royals relay looks pretty good as well.

The Boys' 400 will be a good one. Fuller of King's has run a 50.60. Kaino of Ilwaco ran a 50.64 at the KM relays. The top three from last year are all coming back.All three should be sub-50 when and if better weather rolls around.

I think Connell will be Royal's biggest competition this year in track, Clyde is in his first year of track and doesnt have the right form down yet for high jump, once he knows what hes doing he'll be at 6' im sure... Connell's 4x100 will be able to compete with Royal's once Hadley, who injured his ankle during basketball, is back on the relay... Eskildsen and Hadley were part of the fifth place team last year, and if you've ever watched a football game you know clyde is a fast one.. Taylor can get it done as well. Connell's 4x400 with empey, coulson, Hawkins and Eskildsen is just barely 2 seconds faster than royals, so leauge meets should be exciting in that event

eat_it_M. Which Taylor are you talking about? Ridge Plays Baseball, Kendall is a girl and is doing mighty well in the High jump and 4X100 I hear from my parents and if your are talking about Jake Taylor, he is a wuick one. O and if you go to Connell tell Kendall to stay away from the boys and she will do good!!!!

ya i agree that clyde is fast... but blair collins and the brown twins are all faster than him and anyone else on connells 4x1, and royal's other runner, jordan delay, has alot of track experience and is good out of the blocks. and as for clyde being in his first year, so is collins so im sure collins will also improve in the high jump once he gets the form down. i dont think clyde will compete with collins in any of the four events

what about tim maine or clay ross from burbank? i think maine could beat them!

Looking at athletic.net, their times don't look that great.
Maine has a 52 and Ross has a decent 800.
good but not great.

So.. Connell won the league meet against royal today by a point.. Taylor barely lost to Colt Brown in the 200, and along with Clyde was right behind both browns in the 100.. Even with one of their starters gone Connells 400 meter relay lost by a mere 10-15 meters.. And Royal got killed in the mile relay, Eskildsen and Coulson killed the brown boys, so I'd say Connell gives 'em good enough competition...

yeah crappy exchanges for royal other wise you lose big AGAIN. And you wont beat them. The mile relay they dont really care they run it for shits and giggles. Keep wishing though u might catch em.

keep in mind connell's hand off sucked at least the first and second exchanges... eskildsen had to almost stop to make the exchange zone and taylor took off late... and thats cool if u dont care about the 4x4... its only those 5 points that made u lose the meet, and possibly the league title. still, if u cant beat a 56-57 second 400 split then thats pretty sad.. no matter what u run the 200 in.

i never asked who is gonna give royal competition, i asked who is gonna give blair collins competition.... and you say that clyde was right behind the browns in the 100 huh? so how bad did collins beat him, 10, 15, or maybe even 20 meters? how did clyde do against collins in the other events... oh wait collins beat him in every event. and by the way eat_it_M, even if you barely lose, you still lost...

true, little off subject... all apologies... yeah, blaire is flat amazing. though Connell won the meet (though fairly enough it was by just 1 point) you're right though even if it just barely, Connell still won.

Collins only seems good cause the rest of the jumpers suck in the SCAC League.. Ya he's pretty fast i'll give him that....but when state comes around we'll see how good he is.

well I guess your right.. There not good at 400s and this means what? they suck. Lets see is connell good in every event? Think not. Good luck rest of season.

eat_it_m said it perfectly: "clyde was right behind both of the brown twins" . We have 3 guys faster than your fastest. No matter how you twist it we are faster than you and i don't think you'll beat us in that even if hadley comes back. we got swept in the throws and that was the difference. congrats on the 4x4 though connell looked good in that.
This post was edited on 4/16 9:50 AM by rkfootballer

eat_it_m is right, those 5 points may have lost the league title... but since your from connell you should know that the league title doesnt mean anything if you lose at state

The jumpers in the SCAC are down this year but that's not what makes Collins look good. A LJ of 21'10" is an excellent jump and he should be in the mix for the championship in that event. A 6 ft HJ is something only a handful of 1Aers will do also. Both are excellent marks.

Yes, Royal is fast in the sprints, but why can't they throw? They seem to have some fairly strong guys....just wondering!

well this is no excuse but we don't really have a throwing coach and unfortunately, we dont all take track as serious as we should. Also, the only 2 teams we have scored against in league are kibe and connell, the two best throwing teams. we should dominate the likes of burbank, wahluke, and riverview (except ledgerwood)

"Connell's 4x100 will be able to compete with Royal's once Hadley, who injured his ankle during basketball, is back on the relay... "

dont get me wrong, i have tons of respect for hadley (its not like hes playing division 1 football or anything), but why does it always seem that his results or connells are always blamed on his injurys?

haha it does seem like he gets hurt a lot, and that is the excuse of a lot of connell athletes for not doing as well as they should, but in this case, Hadley is about .5-.7 faster than our weak link in the 4x100, which i believe will make the difference for state, competing with royal may prove to not happen at all however... it sucks, in both relays connell has 3 fast runners on each relay, connell just need a good fourth guy in each event

back to the subject of Blair Collins.. Freshman from connell James Coulson cleared 6'1" in the high jump

blair collins isnt doing high jump any more.... he is now doing the 200 instead.. maybe someone from connell could beat him in that, but probably not

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT