ADVERTISEMENT

2a Boys State Brackets (post your predictions)

Boreas

Feb 8, 2006
Boys Singles: 1st Round

Match #1
Ethan Reynolds (11) Toppenish Vs.
Tyson McGuffin (10) Chelan

Match #2
Max Nelson (10) Medical Lake Vs.
Matt Erickson (11) Ridgefield

Match #3
Ben Shelton (11) Vashon Vs.
Matt Stewart (12) Omak

Match #4
Kiran Poovaiah (11) Pullman Vs.
Kevin Floyd (12) Grandview

Boys Doubles: 1st Round

Match #1
Frost (12) / Sanders (11) Cashmere Vs.
Connelly (12) / Root (12) Omak

Match #2
Moroni (12) / Bogart (11) Medical Lake Vs.
Serko (12) / Bard (12) Vashon

Match #3
Andersson (12) / Hornung (12) Klahowya Vs.
Fries (12) / Rasmussen (11) Quincy

Match #4
McKee (12) / Cantu (12) Othello Vs.
Ovenell (12) / Ovenell (11) Cashmere

Wiaa 2A Brackets

my predictions:

singles
1st round
1 mcguffin
2 erickson
3 stewart
4 floyd

semis
5 mcguffin
6 floyd

championship
floyd

doubles
1st round
1 connelly / root
2 serko / bard
3 fries / rasmussen
4 ovenell / ovenell

semis
5 connelly / root
6 ovenell / ovenell

championship
ovenell / ovenell

Floyd wins over McGuffin or Erickson in the finals and Ovenell's beat Omak in a three set final.

singles
1st round
1 mcguffin
2 erickson
3 stewart
4 floyd

semis
5 mcguffin
6 floyd

championship
McGuffin

I have never seen someone work so hard to avoid a shot as McGuffin. Fortunately for him, hes quick enough to do it most of the time. Still, it will be a great match to watch, the regional final had some spectacular rallies itself.

Ericksons been working hard his brother was 3 time state champ, ive for sure got him in the finals.

McGuffin gave Floyd alot better of a match than Erickson did last year. That being said, Erickson may have improved.

He has but that said I am also biased cause he goes to my school, will be watching him this weekend though and hopefully he can pull it out.

I think Mcguffin takes floyd 3 sets this time, he has been putting in countless hours this week leading up to state, so I wouldn't be surprised at all if he has worked out some little kinks in his game by now. and I think ovenell/ovenell takes doubles

I think that root and connoly from omak will win the state title. they are a really good solid team. i think that they will be playing the ovenell's in the finals though.

I think they will definitely be in the finals, and they could very well win. However, going 0 - 2 in the last two tournaments is a bad omen. That being said, if they can hold their serve, they should win, being as the younger ovenell seems to have problems holding his serve. I guess we will see on sunday!

maybe we should ask root and steve what their lifetime record against stan is? I definetly think ovenells will take it, even if nick struggles a bit. He has been working hard on improving that double fault average.

Me and steve beat the ovenells for 3rd or 5th, it was a really close match. 6-3 6-7 7-5 Both the Ovenells are amazing tennis players and good guys.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT