ADVERTISEMENT

Anyone Notice???????

chance44

Feb 10, 2006
So far there have been 3 Boys State Tournaments played and ALL have been won by private/recruiting teams.

B - Northwest Christian
1A- Bellevue Christian
3A- Seattle Prep with #2 O'Dea

Time for WIAA to give them a new classification of their very own. Let them play in areas close to them and go to a State Tournament just for privates.

You can watch the 2A's too for Kings or Lynden Christian.

We must all "JUST PLAY FAIR" (choke, choke)

Well Chance, I guess the public's are going to just have to work harder.

I can assure you that the top hoopsters in Spokane are not clamoring to attend and/or getting recruited to Northwest Christian.

ANYONE NOTICE THAT THOSE 4 AFFORMENTIONED TEAMS ARE ALWAYS NEAR THE TOP TEAMS IN BASKETBALL YEAR END AND YEAR OUT?????

WHY AREN'T PEOPLE ACCUSING THEM OF RECRUTING??????????

Hey Chance44 - Your recruting statment has a hole in it - "Statement's without evidence is only an opinion". I think that most people believe that private schools recruit but are mistaken. I tell parents about a private school that I coach at to give them another option to education. Ironically, not one of their kids play on a State championship team.

On the other side of the coin, I personally know several kids who are using their relatives address so they can play out of a losing team and om a winning team with the coaches knowledge. I will not say who or what teams (it's not my business to police someone else's sport) but who's recruiting who? Even if the coach is not recruiting, don't they have an obligation to report the kids athletic status?

Re: Anyone Notice your crying??????

I'm sorry, it’s hard to pick up what you mean or any valid points when you type in whine font. So public schools that are usually at the top of their sport are recruiting too? Colfax Girl's BB must have some real good recruiters because they bring them three generations back. Some of them girls must have been recruited in like 1890 to have that long a local lineage and compose the strongest program in the state all things considered.

If you have more than innuendo please post it, if not quit your whining and start working towards getting better.

All the christian schools do recruit. I went to one and they recruited all the time.
This post was edited on 3/31 12:46 PM by TLcheerleaderif(GetAdminCookie() != 0) {document.write(' (Revisions[/URL])');}

As for a seperate tourny for privates District #5 is proposing an ammendment to do just that.

Well then....

Who?????????????? Name all these all league athletes transferring in for their junior or senior years. That's what everybody says but I see a lot lot LOT more transfer activity at public schools than with in the private school system. Heck, I won't even ask for a name that was recruited by WIAA standards. Just give me a name of a player who was a star at a public school that transferred into one of the championship teams mentioned above even with in the rules.

Look, I'm a public school guy but I'm sick of everyone throwing out unsubstantiated claims of cheating or legal recruiting. Sounds a lot like sour grapes of poor whiney losers. So buck up or shut up. Shouldn't be that hard to substantiate if there is any, the tiniest bit of truth to "what we all know".

Re: Public schools take transfers, too.

Problem with that transfer is that it's w/in district so there is no problems there so really that case doesn't matter much since there was nothin wrong with it.
This post was edited on 4/8 4:55 PM by tybr6if(GetAdminCookie() != 0) {document.write(' (Revisions[/URL])');}

Re: Public schools take transfers, too.

Problem with that on this thread is that Private schools work with in the rules too. The point being that everybody wants to sling mud at the privates but fact is there is way more transfer activity with in the public school system and way way more transfer activity as far as "star" athletes go. It is easier to whine about "recruiting" and "advantages" than to buck up to the truth and see it for what it is, private school do a better job of having a higher percent of potential athletes contributing and develop a culture of high expectations at school, at practice and most importantly at home. Coaches don’t have to deal with attitude and know they’ll have the system’s backing as well as working with in a culture of excellence. Is it any wonder that privates tend to attract and retain high caliber staffs? Not just coaches but teachers, administrators and students.

You don't see anything wrong?

Hello? There's nothing wrong with allowing someone to transfer to a completely different school for 2 months for athletic reasons because this guy "didn't get along" with his track coach?

My friend, there is a LOT wrong with this. It sets an absolutely HORRIBLE precedent. Now, every time you're dissatisfied with your coach, you can just transfer to another school in your district. Ridiculous.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT