ADVERTISEMENT

Coach Aldridge gets 700th win, Corral scores 31

HockSports

Jun 5, 2007
Prairie's victory tonight marked the 700th win for Coach Aldridge.

76-40 was the final score. University of Washington bound senior Heather Corral... what a game she had! 31 points, 12 rebounds, five assists.

Tremendous!!

Yes, it was against Mountain View, but still great to see. Corral hasn't been as steady of a scorer as her older sister Ashley was at Prairie, so its fun to see her put up these big numbers.

Aldridge got a ball signed by all the players after the game, presented by Corral.

Go Falcons!

700 games won and 5 titles. He said in The Columbian that his goal was 7 state championships so I guess he plans on sticking around for awhile. Shadle Park just beat CV so more comp from east of the mountains.
This post was edited on 2/1 8:31 AM by statewide

Without a doubt, that is a very commendable accomplishment. It equates to an average of over 21 wins a season for 33 seasons. Estimated winning percetage of over 80%. Wow. Many coaches are probably wondering what the secret is. That is a crown every 7 years. Congratulations. It's been 10 seasons since the last crown, which is the longest drought between crowns. Considering that three of the current starters were transfers ,the goal of Seven crowns will be an enormous challenge with the declining participation that the GSHL has experienced in recent years. But, not impossible, given the resume'.
This post was edited on 2/1 7:46 PM by wasports

Well also, what is it.... out of 33 years they've made it to state every year but six or seven years? Incredible.

I hope when he does decide to leave he is looking for a replacement years in advance, so he can find a suitable successor. I'd hate to be that guy, for sure!

History tells us that the successor to a coach with this level of success won't duplicate the path even it they are left with a detailed map. It's typically not the "what" but rather the "how. The "how" is typically imitated, but seldomly excepted. This dynamic in turn is why the ultra successful coaches typically dont repeat this success elsewhere.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT