ADVERTISEMENT

Prairie topples Mountain View

HockSports

Jun 5, 2007
Prairie 76, Mountain View 35

University of Washington bound 6'1 senior guard Heather Corral with a big game tonight.

18 points, 14 assists, 6 steals, 1 block, 6 rebounds. Extremely impressive double-double for the senior! Junior Jackie Lanz added 20 (four three-pointers). Juniors Megan Lindsley and Cori Woodward added 12 points apiece.

Prairie has been the only team able to really contain Carly Holboke but the junior still ended up in double figures for Mountain View. Holboke finished with 15 points.

Prairie continues to breeze through league play.

This post was edited on 1/10 11:41 PM by HockSports

Yes, the Falcons are having a great year. The only game that they have been challanged by a legitimate team, however, they lost.
The post season will determine if the Falcons are playing that well or if the rest of the GSHL is playing that far below par. Is the league improving? Maybe a little bit of both.

I think the league is very weak. But I still do think that if Prairie faced Skyview right now, they could beat the Storm.

Prairie's got the weapons, they've got the swarming defense, they have one of the best high school girls basketball coaches to ever coach in the state of washington... they just gotta use 'em!!!

The Falcons will give up alot of size when they travel north. As with the game vs the Storm,, the perimeter shots will need to connect at a high percentage for the Falcons to be successfull.
The key to success for their post season opponents will be how well they scout the Falcons.
Particularly the Skyview game. Holy Names did last March, and with the size, Adams and Corral out with injuries, the Falcons had to rely on the perimeter. A tough night behind the arc resulted in a 2nd place finish.

Falcons pummel Kelso by 52. Without Corral.
Very impressive when they Shoot well from the field and arc.
Lanz 26 and Lindsley 23.

I only saw the boxscore today before I read the game recap.... my heart stopped when I saw Corral's name was absent from the box score. All I could think was "oh no oh no ACL ACL ACL here we go again". Thankfully it's just a sprained ankle, but wasports, do you know how severe this ankle sprain is by chance?

And regarding Prairie's perimeter play, I agree they need to be on from downtown. But in the couple games I have seen this year Prairie has seemed hesitant at times to push the ball up the floor. They have the speed for some real nice fast break plays but don't always seem to use this speed.

Prairie got second place without Corral last year. Let us hope they can find ways around the size of the Northern teams so they can bring home a state title!

With most of the games being so lopsided, assume they would slow down to work on half court sets and to burn clock. As for the ankle, it typically takes a few days to evaluate the due to swelling and bruising. They travel to the Fort Tuesday and that will be indicative of the severity.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT