ADVERTISEMENT

Prairie-Camas: District Championship

HockSports

Jun 5, 2007
I couldn't make the game tonight, but 360preps (Columbian) on Twitter is covering the game.

End of 1st quarter: Prairie 19, Camas 4-- Heather Corral has 11 points. Her older sister Ashley Corral is in the building watching her sister!!

Halftime: Prairie up 27-9. According to the Twitter report, the Falcons were looking rusty offensively in the second quarter despite a 19-point first quarter.

End of 3rd quarter: Prairie up 50-13.
This post was edited on 2/12 7:21 PM by HockSports

Updates from GSHL games

final 63-14. 14 points by Camas in an entire game. Prairie defense was on fire but the offense was a little rusty. Not many threes and a bunch of missed layups. With or without Williams, Camas had no shot with this defense. I would like to have seen Camas play their next game with her in the lineup. They are a better team than the score would lead you to believe. Good luck to both teams next week.

I hope the tough non-league season was enough to prep Prairie for playoff competition from out-of-league. Cause their league sure didn't give them much trouble this year. Hopefully they are well-prepared when they meet a solid team finally.

Also, I really fear for Camas in their playoff game.... yikes

Good luck to all teams this next week, however!

yeah, I worry a little too about the preparation for state that Prairie received in district. There have been lots of years like this one and they always seem to be ready. For Camas, at least they will be playing unranked Enumclaw in this round. Unless Enumclaw exhibits a defense like Prairie unleashed, I think it will be a much more competitive game. Other than Prairie and Mountain View in 97, our district has had little impact on state tournaments. I would like to see Camas surprise and play well enough to win a few games before state. I don't think they will be one of the five to advance.
This post was edited on 2/13 5:17 PM by statewide

Ahh don't forget Skyview! 5th place in 2008! Regardless, 'tis true. The GSHL girls haven't had much representation at state consistently. Hopefully that changes. The 4A GSHL has strengthened a bit. Evergreen, Skyview, and Battle Ground all had pretty good squads this year. My hopes are that this continues in the future. Skyview has already established themselves as a successful girls basketball program in the past few years. BG has been decent but needs a few more years to establish them as a good program. Evergreen was horrid last year, this is a huge jump this year for them. Hopefully their program can continue to ascend and establish themselves as a regularly good program.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT