ADVERTISEMENT

Congratulations

B-E Fan

Oct 14, 2009
Congratulations Lynden! Way to represent NWC & District 1. I picked a one point game, but had the wrong team on top.

Warrant you were betting against them in the pick 'ems..................sorry maybe next time.

I "sports hated" Lynden for most of my life,they always kicked our (Blaine HS) arses in every sport I played them for 4 years. But there is no way you can hate on Kramme, the first thing he did was give kudos to ATM in his post game interview on how good they(ATM) were and how he knew it hurt for them not to win. Of all the press I saw on ATM for the week,from the Everett Herald, Tacoma News Tribune, and the Seattle Times, ATM never acknowledged Lynden with any respect, the press was all talk about how good they thought they were. Well they were good.

Here is a sour puss commentI found already in the paper......
"If Lynden is so dominant, which they obviously are in 2A, they should challenge themselves and play against Bellevue, Skyline, O'dea and other top teams in the state. All the talk of 'corn-fed' farm boys needs to be put to the test, and at the very least play in 3A. Opt to play up and win state championships with the best teams in Washington other than the Archbishop Murphys and Tumwaters. Kramme's ego won't allow this now, but hopefully when he retires; Lynden moves up."

What a dumb ass quote from one who obviously knows nothing of the history of Washington HS Football, let alone Lynden who battled Bellevue(a school twice as big) in back to back 3A Finals and as well lost to the Wolverines in a Semi 2 years later.
This post was edited on 12/3 5:55 PM by Oldshoes

"Warrant you were betting against them in the pick 'ems..................sorry maybe next time."

I'm now 0-1 for the season. And you were sweating it down to the last 16 seconds weren't you:)

Congratulations to Lynden on a remarkable win. The onside kick after the safety......speechless!

This post was edited on 12/3 6:33 PM by Warrant3

Too bad the person who wrote that comment will be considered to be representative of a fine school.
This post was edited on 12/3 7:38 PM by chance44

Oldshoes, what are you talking about?

Guess you must have missed this article. But hey, whatever makes you spiteful and angry. Have a better day!

From the December 2 Everett Herald:

"...The Lions definitely have the respect of the Wildcats coaches and players.

"That's the thing about Lynden, they always fulfilled the expectations of being a great football team," senior quarterback Conner Kruse said. "I remember our freshman year, that was one of the biggest football teams for us that I have ever seen. That was a dream team if there ever was one."

Archbishop Murphy coach Dave Ward also praised Lynden and its football program, which keeps the Lions a perennial power.

"We have great respect for the job they do and the fact that they are consistently in the playoffs and they play well and they seem to get better and better each week," Ward said. "We have seen them early and then we have seen them late in the playoffs and so we know they have great practice plans and they work hard."

Having a history with the Lions means that Ward and his players aren't overlooking the task at hand.

"They definitely will be the best team we have seen all year," Ward said. "We are playing at a high level right now and we are playing a team like Lynden. It's going to be the best two teams in the 2A as far as I can tell."

Nice try though.

Great game, both teams. Hard working, classy young men who play the game the right way.

Murphy Players and Coach Show Respect for Lynden

JustPlay, you have to understand, Oldshoes is a Lynden homer. They can do no wrong according to him.

I get it...

But when you start spreading LIES about other schools and what they are saying or not saying...that's where I draw the line.

Wasn't that just a comment at the end of an article in the B-Herald? Everything I have read in the papers showed that ATM had great respect for Lynden. Maybe I am missing something.

BTW, great game. Thought ATM had it won, but a classic call at the end for the safety although the onside still had to be successful in order to make that call worth anything. I give the game ball to #62 Lopez, the kicker. His FG, onside, and XP were big plays in this game for Lynden.

Smallpox I completely agree with you. Kicking is a component of the game today that is seriously overlooked and unappreciated. I can't tell you how many state playoff games, and even championship games I have seen won and lost by kicking. I seem to recall the 2008 state championship game that was won by Lynden because of another flawlessly executed onside kick.... However you see it, Lynden sure has some T-Dome mojo

From the December 2 Everett Herald:

"...The Lions definitely have the respect of the Wildcats coaches and players.

"That's the thing about Lynden, they always fulfilled the expectations of being a great football team," senior quarterback Conner Kruse said. "I remember our freshman year, that was one of the biggest football teams for us that I have ever seen. That was a dream team if there ever was one."

Archbishop Murphy coach Dave Ward also praised Lynden and its football program, which keeps the Lions a perennial power.

"We have great respect for the job they do and the fact that they are consistently in the playoffs and they play well and they seem to get better and better each week," Ward said. "We have seen them early and then we have seen them late in the playoffs and so we know they have great practice plans and they work hard."

Having a history with the Lions means that Ward and his players aren't overlooking the task at hand.

"They definitely will be the best team we have seen all year," Ward said. "We are playing at a high level right now and we are playing a team like Lynden. It's going to be the best two teams in the 2A as far as I can tell."

Nice try though.

Great game, both teams. Hard working, classy young men who play the game the right way.

Link: Murphy Players and Coach Show Respect for Lynden
Posted on 12/3 8:08 PM | IP: Logged

JACK ass

Replay, you are absolutely right about kicking, in the Bellingham Herald it was stated that Lynden's kicker - Santiago Lopez could be found at Bellingham Civic field (field turf) practicing on side kicks prior to the title game.

Regarding Lynden's Mojo, I heard a comment made once "tradition doesn't graduate" and experience matters too, the Lions have played football in the Tacoma Dome 14 times since 1998.

MKIEKE: this is a prep message board not a political blog - name calling????? or was that your signature.

I would just like to throw some serious praise on Coach Kramme. The basically "coached" lynden to a state title on saturday. Lynden was getting handled through the first 3 quarters. They couldnt run block, couldnt pass block, and couldnt get hardly anything going on offense. But their defensive schemes kept ATM in check (for the most part) throughout the game.

then came the 4th quarter, backed up on their own 1. Take the safety, then onside kick???? i was at the game and i had no idea you could even kick it off the Tee after a safety (shows what i know) and then they move the ball with ease down for the score. The man has balls, BIG balls. and it paid off.

ADVERTISEMENT