ADVERTISEMENT

CWAC 2007

clank'sback

Oct 5, 2001
Who will rise to the top?

Selah is always good. The game is instilled in these kids at a very early age. They will miss their coach, but I'm thinking the program will be as strong as ever ...again.

Ellensburg has Standish and some key players returning. Don't write them off just yet.

Othello has the younger Walker back. Not sure about the supporting cast.

Grandview losses their talented setter and a good back row player, but have everyone else back, including Johnston and Poteet.

Prosser losses Raap.

What do you all think?

I think Ellensburg and Grandview will be at the top. They have a great deal returning. Selah is always tough but will drop below Ellensburg in the North. Prosser will have a tough time. They lost a lot more than Raap. Othello will stuggle some with all that they lost. East Valley will move up to second in the south.

1. Selah
2/3. Grandview or Ellensburg
4/5/6. East Valley, Othello, Prosser

The rest of the league will battle it out for 7 - 10

1. Selah
2. Ellensburg
3. Grandview
4. East Valley
5. Prosser
6. Othello

Selah, Grandview, and Ellensburg are all good contendors for the top spot. East Valley could be in there if they step it up. Prosser and Othello are a toss up for those #5 and #6 spots, but I'm gonna go with Prosser for this one.

Selah and Grandview will fight for the top spot this next year. Ellensburg will actually struggle, even with Standish. Othello will finish in the top 5 and Prosser will be at the bottom with Wapato, Toppenish and Quincy.

Why do you think Ellensburg will struggle? They have two all league players coming back. I thought they would actually beat out Selah, since they lost about 5 seniors from their team and will have a new coach.

In the club season, Selah beat Ellensburg in every tournament they faced each other (even Ellensburg's own tournament). I was talking to a coach from the Tri-cities and he saw Selah play in March and he said he was very impressed. Remember, Selah is stacked with Seniors this year and 90% of them have State experience. Their starting 6 all played a huge amount of time last season. It will be interesting. Ellensburg may have 2 all league players next season but those two won't be able to carry their team the entire season.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT