ADVERTISEMENT

CWAC/SCAC

lightsout_tony

Feb 16, 2007
This board is pretty dead so maybe I can elicit some conversation. What are people's predictions out of the SCAC east and CWAC? Obviously in the CWAC, like so many years before, East Valley has to be the team to beat. Whose in the hunt for 2 - 5 is the question. Any predictions? Havent gotten to see this league for a couple of years so I am curious about people's thoughts.

In SCAC west, I'm thinking that LaSalle is the team to beat. Tough program that has had a lot of success, I think they are my favorite. I'm also liking Zillah - new coach and I think that coach has what it takes to get the talent moving forward; liking them in the number two spot. My third pick is Mabton; they did well in the east last year and have a ton of talented freshman and sophomores - I think they will do well in the west. I see Naches rounding out the top of the pack with a freshman class that never lost a game in middle school action and have a lot of talent. I think Granger, Highland, Cle Elum and Goldendale are battling for the 5th spot.

How does Quincy change things up in the east? What are some east predictions?

Happy hardwood season!
Lightsout_tony

East Valley had all seniors last year, so I think they could actually be down this year. Grandview, Toppenish, and Wapato will contend, and you have to throw in West Valley who just moved down. I don't know anything about the SCAC other than that Quincy is not in it. They are in the Caribou Trail league.

See I told you it had been awhile! Thanks for the info on EV and I can't believe I forgot about WV coming down - they will be a huge factor in the CWAC.

SCAC?? I got two words for you.........Granger. I figured people would have learned by now. Granger is the team to beat until proven otherwise. Both their bigs are back. Best coach in the league. LaSalle LaSchmalle. I'll take Affholter. As for Zillah's new coach. Time will tell. If I'm not mistaken her only head coaching was at Highland where the program was a complete wreck when she came in. I don't know if she's any good or not.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT