ADVERTISEMENT

District Seeds.....

Warrant3

Dec 15, 2006
I believe the five teams that will represent the NWC in District play have already been determined. The order of seeding has not been set, although I anticipate the following:

1. Lynden

2. Anacortes

3. Squalicum

4. Sehome

5. Burlington-Edison

Burlington has a loser out crossover game against CC #4. From what I can tell, that could be against Granite Falls (8-6), ATM (7-6), Sultan (7-6)or Lakewood (6-7). Cedarcrest is the #1 seed in the Cascade Conference.
If anyone out there disagrees or has some more input, feel free to jump in.
This post was edited on 2/2 9:25 PM by Warrant3

Re: Anacortes beats Squally

You're right. I updated projections, but it could change again. I like Anacortes, but I thought Squally would get them at home.

So if I look at the Districts and regionals correctly, if Squally stays in 3rd there is no way Squally, Lynden and clover Park can't all end up in Yakima correct? Lynden and Squalicum would play in the District Semi finals if they were both to win round one. The loser can finish no better then third in the District tourney. That means going to play Clover Park in the regionals right? Help me out here but I think that is correct.
Also if Sehome gets Squalicum and LC gets Anacortes, Sehome is the #2 right? The NWC at its finest.

That's a big "if" regarding Sehome, but yes, they would finish 2nd in that scenario. Lynden has one game left against BE at home. Lynden, I believe is locked in at #1. Even with a loss to LC, which is a strong possibility, Anacortes has a great chance to finish #2. Squalicum has one game left, a huge game against Sehome at Squally. I believe the best Squalicum can finish is #3 even with the win. Sehome has the most interesting two games left. They host a struggling, yet dangerous Ferndale team, then finish up at Squalicum. If Sehome loses either game they finish #4. If they win both they finish either #2 or #3 depending on the A-Town LC game. Sehome has the tie-breaker against Anacortes.

This may not be the case, b/c Lynden - Squally loser could place 4th and play at Dist 4 #1 in the regionals. So, it is possible all 3 could end up in Yakima. Also, what happens if Clover Park were to finish in another place in their district other than #1? Lots of basketball to be played yet.

At least I'm able to say I know where B-E will end up. They are locked at #5. Obviously isn't where they are use to being, but I have been pleased with the job first year coach Martyn has done. He inherited a team that lost it top 7 scorers and I believe has them overachieving. I think he will improve as a coach and B-E is in good hands for the future.

BE-Fan,
Quite the scramble down the stretch. Should make it a fun week of hoops.

BE Fan: Won't be long until BE returns to greatness. Was the water tainted down there for a few years?

-Passion8

ADVERTISEMENT