ADVERTISEMENT

Does Royal have enough talent to win 1A State?

Napolean27

Jan 19, 2005
Do they? I was informed that Royal took all 6 of their golfer's to state. I have also hearded that little Perkins is going to place really high at state, so will any of the rest of the team step up and help them win the Championship?

Joe is playing pretty well right now and will contend for the individual title. If this is the case, all they will need is for James Dykes to make the cut and finish in the top 12 to take the title, unless Life gets Putnam and Teeny in the top 10. Putnam should have taken districts, but struggled on the back 9: 34-42--76. He will be tough to beat, as will Life Christian

Royal should contend, but it hinges on Dykes keeping the ball in play and one of their other 4 players making the cut and scoring points. Pressure does weird things to young golfers. If Solis can put two nines together on the first day, and Dorsing and Gilbert exorcize their cut demons, then I think Royal could take it. Joe should pick Esmeralda apart and Dykes is due.

Zillah needs all 3 players to make the cut and Torrez to break through and go deep. Life will be tough to beat, however, especially if Putnam dominates.

The wild cards, really, are all the singleton representatives--how they finish in between the teams with multiple players will decide things.

That, of course, makes for an exciting time for the kids, coaches and fans. Best of luck to everyone, see ya in Spokane.

ADVERTISEMENT