ADVERTISEMENT

Evergreen 1a

Mr Westside

Jul 11, 2005
The southwest wash 1A has reorganized into 2 division Evergreen and Trico. What do you Area people think. Will anyone wrestle league crown from Forks? Who will advance to districts from Evergreen? What are your thoughts.

Well being Columbia High Schools goalkeeper last year gives me a good insight on their team this year and they have talent that was not seen last year.

Forks on the other hand has some talented players but lack the key concept which is winning as a team that's why I pick them to finish second again.

Neither the Trico or Evergreen leagues in my opinion have enough to make a run in the state tournament, but you ever know what can happen with a little luck.

My prediction is:

White Salmon
Forks
Rochester

White Salmon should rule the Trico but i was wondering on Evergreen which is made up of Forks, Rochester, Monte, Tenino, and winlock/Toledo combine. I think Forks wins title followed by Monte then Rochester. In the Trico i see it White Salmon followed by Stevenson then La center. That would make Monte, Forks, Stevenson and White Salmon in districts.

Also i think White Salmon can make a run you guys didnt lose many seniors last years did you.

Well we actually lost 4 critical seniors.

Defensive MVP Louy Lerebourgh

1st Team All State Ramon Cortez

1st Team Mid fielder Javi Ortiz

And Myself as a goalkeeper

We also lost our backup keeper who was a senior as well

But kids come and go in our town I wouldn't be surprised if they replaced us with just as good of players.

Well as I awake for work with excitement for a new season in SW washington soccer I must say that the traditional powerhouses of our league will have to work VERY hard to meet their usual standards.

White Salmon: As Goalkeeper stated, they lost crucial players from last years CHAMPIONSHIP ( Doesn't that feel good for the Trico/Evergreen pride?) They lost the defensive MVP in Louy Lerebourg who should have been named The best defensive player in the state. Columbia only conceeded only two goals in the tournament and was led my Mendoza and Lerebourg one of them should have gotten the Player of the year does anyone agree?, in my opinion the best keeper in the league was Mendoza, Ramon Cortez who to me; was one of the most underatted players in the state. I watched him Mark Stevensons Neblock who had incredible speed, quickness, dribbling skills, and an absolute incredible shot, and hold him in check when Stevenson visited White Salmon last year. I do think they will still win our district though.

La Center: Lost Dillion Davis (First Team all-league for multiple years), Dan Pershall (1st team all-state), Zach Hollingstead ( Honorable mention all-state).

Stevenson: Lost the top goal scorer in the State last year; Josh Neblock. Yes thats right all other districts. The Trico/Evergreen had the TOP goal scorer in the STATE with 35+ goals scored in 15 games played. But due to bias against our league and bias for other leagues Neblock only was selected to second team all-state Any supporters of this thought?. I don't expect anyone out of district to agree BUT! Do any of you inner-Seattle and Tacoma fans/players realize that Neblock had more goals against White Salmon than every team White Salmon played in the state tourny COMBINED? Just some food for thought. Stevenson has the best chance to compete with Columbia this year in my opinion, as Neblock was truly the only critical Senior on last years squad. Kyler Dudley was effective but He was exposed many times last year on the defensive end.

Forks: Lost Sean Weeks, whom in my opinion from the games I wathced him play against Stevenson, White Salmon and their district final game, was the engine that made that machine run. Without him in the midfield Forks would have been average last year. He protected an average defense and a weak GK.

Teams that have potential of surpassing one of the traditional powers:

Montesano: Derek Jenson was really the only critical senior that they lost, and he wasn't their top forward last year. With young and talented players returning I believe that they can make a push for a birth into the State tournament.

Also I've heard rumors of Lerebourg and Neblock playing together in college? Is there any truth to this? How beautiful would it be if the Defensive MVP and Offensive MVP united after being apart of the biggest rivalry in the Evegreen/Trico soccer league? I hope these rumors prove to be true. But who knows.

Good luck to every team in SWW and I cannot wait for the season to kick off. Hopefully we can continue to prove people wrong on the opinion that SWW soccer is "weak".
This post was edited on 3/5 5:32 AM by Oldsoccerfan5
This post was edited on 3/5 2:57 PM by Oldsoccerfan5

Great post unfortunatly for one of White Salmon, stevenson or Lacenter wont make it to Districts because it will be two from Trico and 2 from Evergreen in districts

I would like to note that Montesano is also a traditional power. Last year was their first year near the bottom that I can remember.

Westside, I'll get your opinion. How are the boys lookin in Monte this year? I think they have enough talent to rebound from a tough year last year.

Now that the league has split in two , Montes odds have gotten alot better. I dont follow soccer too close but i have heard some talk from friends. Montes big question will be can they score, Franks is a 3 time all leaguer but it all depends on if someone else steps up to help. Covert and Mc Cullough hopefully will do just that Goalie Goana is back from a leg injury and should be solid at the goal. Defensively they are kinda young lead by the lone senior Harwick but should be solid defensively. I think they finish in top two and earn a berth to districts. It should come down to can they score. They open with a 2A soccer power Aberdeen and close with defending state champ White Salmon.

What about Rochester. I've been impressed by their growth over the last 2-3 years. Where do they figure in the new mix?

Rochester was a solid team last year and should be in the hunt again. Soccer is a sport that is hard to say judging from the previous year because it is a sport associated with hispanics more so than other sports so a team can change from year to year by who moves in or out of area. I say this with no racial overtones as i myself am half Mexican.

Well playing against every team talked about.. In my opinion Rochester is the Cinderella team to watch out for, they have improved a lot.

The SW has always been underrated-- why do you think that we won the championship last year? This is a hard lesson learned by other teams and leagues, not to underestimate anyone in this great game of soccer.

Now I would like for the state to recognize our league's players a little better, Neblock 2nd team??? That's ridiculous he should have been player of the year. Show some respect to the players that deserve it.

So far it looks like White salman & Stevenson are starting off strong.
White Salmon Beat Orting in their season opener 3-1, then lost a close one to Highland 1-2, then tied 1-1 with Hockinson who plays 2A & most recently beat LaCenter 5-2. Record so far 3-1-1
Stevenson played Prarie a 3A school for their season opener & won 3-2,
then played 2A Washugal back to back losing the first game 1-4 & wining the second game 3-0, then they played Castle rock 11-1, then seton 10-1, & most recently played Hockenson beat them 4-1. Record so far 5-1.

It should be a great action filled season.
As far as Evergreen league it looks like every one so far Monte, forks, Rochester are all 2-2

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT