ADVERTISEMENT

Ferndale tops Mt Baker..........

Warrant3

Dec 15, 2006
.....73-62. Baker led after one quarter and kept it close in the first half. Mounties didn't have an answer for the Ferndale big's, particularly 6'7" post, Jake Schroeder.

I think Ferndale will be the big surprise this year in the NWC. A new coach, new attitude and some seniors who've played together for awhile makes them a force to contend with. A 2 point loss to Lynden opened some eyes as well.

-Passion8

I really liked their big guy. Monte has definitely put an emphasis on playing good defense as well.

I agree. Glad their 3A, so don't have to battle them for a 2A district berth. How many births are there...5? If so, 3-5 will be a dog fight.

B-E Fan- You see BE and SQ on Tuesday night? Thoughts?

-Passion8
This post was edited on 12/22 2:59 PM by passion8

I didn't see it..unless you're talking the girls game...lol. Honestly it's what I expected. B-E is not ready for Squalicum or Lynden. They have some good kids with hustle & heart but not the basketball talent of last few years. The last few years the kid's have been gym rats. With the exception of Boe they were pretty much just basketball. This year the team is made up of football, baseball first kids. With the exception of Watts and the Sophmore Davies. I think he's going to be a pretty good one. I do think they can challenge for 3rd.

B-E Fan,
I don't know who it was but a BE kid hit two of the deepest three pointers I've seen in HS basketball in this game. He has a really nice stroke.

-Passion8

Passion: You ain't kiddin. He makes about 2 of those a game. I remember the first one or two..maybe 3, I was like noooooo. He actually has a nice medium range shot when he penetrates and pulls up, but falls in love with the long ball. He is a Sr. that never made Skeens varsity. Don't think he fit into Skeens style.

ADVERTISEMENT