ADVERTISEMENT

First Round Picks

Washington_sports

Sep 23, 2013
Ok, everyone is within 3 points of each other. This week is going to be a little more exciting. Who is going to de-throne RunHardRunFree???

Lakeside (7-3) @ Zillah (9-1) - Saturday
Connell (8-1) @ Cashmere (7-3)
Charles Wright (3-6) @ Royal (10-0)
Eatonville (6-4) @ Coleville (8-1)

Port Townsend (10-0) @ Kings (9-1)
Meridian (6-4) @ Hoquiam (9-0) - Saturday
Mt. Baker (9-1) @ Kalama (8-1) - Saturday
Montesano (8-2) @ Cascade Christian (8-1)

Zillah
Connell
Royal - Do they score 70 or more?
Colville
Kings
Hoquiam
Baker
CC

Ok, everyone is within 3 points of each other. This week is going to be a little more exciting. Who is going to de-throne RunHardRunFree???

Lakeside (7-3) @ Zillah (9-1) - Saturday
Connell (8-1) @ Cashmere (7-3)
Charles Wright (3-6) @ Royal (10-0)
Eatonville (6-4) @ Coleville (8-1)

Port Townsend (10-0) @ Kings (9-1)
Meridian (6-4) @ Hoquiam (9-0) - Saturday
Mt. Baker (9-1) @ Kalama (8-1) - Saturday
Montesano (8-2) @ Cascade Christian (8-1)

Lakeside
Connell
Royal
Colville

King's
Hoquiam
Mt. Baker
Montesano

Zillah - Lakeside rested players last week so they will be fresh coming in......Zillah is on their last year of dominating football IMO so Zillah will get the nod here but next week will be a different question.....
Connell - Very interesting game here.....both Cashmere and Connell have very good teams, this one was a coin flipper for me and Connell was the one that came by choice of the coin.......
Royal - Do we really have to say anything here? 3-6 vs 10-0 although anything can happen in the playoffs it won't happen here.....this game will be over by halftime......
Colville - Eatonville has been hot at the right time and with their squeaker last week they have momentum.....but going up against a good Colville team at Colville will be a tough task.....Colville by a comfortable margin
Kings - Although Port Townsend is unbeaten and King's has lost 1 time, I see Kings pulling this out in a close one.....last weeks game vs Lynden was close and it will continue.....
Hoquiam - Same situation as Monte, but Hoquiam starters have played quite a bit more.....this is a rematch game with Hoquiam winning the first round 36-21 on the road in Bellingham but with the game being on the Harbor and the 4+ hr drive, I see this game being like the first one but with Hoquiam putting up a few more points......
Kalama - This one will be a real close one......Kalama had the week off so they are real rested, but Mt. Baker has momentum with winning last week....another close game here......
CC - Monte has had a hard time beating CC in years past and with Monte winning by so much and being up so much by halftime, starters have not played a full game besides the one against Hoquiam......so it will be interesting to see how it goes.....

At the end here I am going to use a score predictor I have found from King5
Lakeside - 24 @ Zillah - 40
Connell - 35 @ Cashmre - 14
Charles Wright - 13 @ Royal - 49
Eatonville - 21 @ Colville - 28
Port Townsend - 21 @ King's - 28
Meridian - 20 @ Hoquiam - 28
Mt. Baker - 27 @ Kalama - 28
Montesano - 28 @ Cascade Christian - 20

Last edited:
Black and Orange back to back weeks for Lakeside doesn't bode well. I'm taking the Zillah Leopards in that game.
I think Connell will be able to put a slow to Cashmere's roll. Since both teams played Royal they've been on a tear.
I'm not sure if Charles Wright will even score this Friday night. I'm taking Royal at DNM by a six or seven touchdown margin.
I think the Indians win the Battle of the Ville's here. Long trip for Eatonville. Puts Colville on a collision course of last year's Quarterfinal with Royal.
I think this is where Port Townsend's run comes to an abrupt halt. I'm taking King's in this one.
I think the Griz will come away with a win against Meridian. Tough going on the harbor.
I'll take the Mounties sneaking one out over Kalama. They've been a tough out as of late.
I've got a vendetta for this private school. I would love to see the Montesano Bulldogs put Cascade Christian out. So roll on Monte!

Can't wait to see what transpires this weekend.

Lakeside ( just a feeling, not sure on these two upsets)
Cashmere in an upset
Royal (tough draw, I smell a blow out)
Colville (long way to travel for a beating)

Kings
Hoquiam
Mt. Baker (Chinooks will be no match for big Red)
Montesano ( I'm thinking CCS is down this year)

I know nothing about the Westside teams.

Lakeside - I don't know anything about Zillah I just like Lakeside's ability to score points
Connell - Connell looks like they're on their way up to the teams of 10 years ago
Royal - How did Charles Wright make the playoffs at 3-6?
Colville - Colville has won 8 in a row after losing the opener, they are hot at the right time once again this year

Kings
Hoquiam
Mt. Baker
Cascade Christian

Lakeside (7-3) @ Zillah (9-1) - I will go with Zillah, but this is the eastside game that I am least confident about. Both have quality offenses, but I'm not sure about either defense.
Connell (8-1) @ Cashmere (7-3) -- Connell the winner
Charles Wright (3-6) @ Royal (10-0) -- Go Knights
Eatonville (6-4) @ Colville (8-1) -- Colville should run away with this one.

Port Townsend (10-0) @ Kings (9-1) -- I think the Port Townsend bubble bursts here. Kings for the win.
Meridian (6-4) @ Hoquiam (9-0) - Gotta go with Hoquiam
Mt. Baker (9-1) @ Kalama (8-1) - Mt. Baker seems like the right pick in this one.
Montesano (8-2) @ Cascade Christian (8-1) -- This should be the best game on the westside. My crystal ball tells me...nothing. I'll pick CC.

Wow, I almost forgot to pick this week. better late then never, and now that I am playing catch-up, it will have to pick a few upsets? hhmmm
Lakeside seems to score points early which is Zillah's crutch. Guessing, Lakeside goes up early and Zillah's comeback is a little late in this upset.
Connell - the 2011 season crossed my mind, where Cashmere thumped Connell early and then lost in the playoffs. no reverse of rolls this year.
Royal by a slim margin say 55 points
Coleville is still strong rolling. would make for a good game next week.

Kings is outstanding and their only loss was to an undefieted 2A team. PT had a good run, but next week they will be playing Bball.
Hoquiam is undefeated because of defense, and Meridian is a great Offense. Defense wins championships.
Mt. Baker seems to roll well in the first round before falling. Felling the Mounties will go one more week.
Montesano only to even up the tally. Either team would continue next week.

Close games make for interesting picks. here is the results through first round
23 points
Old Grenadier ; RunhardRunfree
22 points
East_Side ; FrontRowJoe, ; Little074
21 points
Wa_Sports ; The Boz ; Small Pox ; WahFan11
20 points
King Griz
Missed picks last week but like to see you get back in
BigFBallFan ; ZZZUUU Cru

ADVERTISEMENT