ADVERTISEMENT

First round Picks

Washington_sports

Sep 23, 2013
Last week was close and Kings screwed up everyone’s perfect picks. Currently KingGriz, TKKWC, and 1AA are in the lead with 10 correct. (the other Kings team and Warden helped out.) note to self, don't pick any king teams. The lowest score is 8, so if anyone missed last week, we will add you to the list at 8. Hint: FrontRowJoe and HSFBJNKE.

This is the First round, and there are some interesting match-ups. This is not going to be an easy week to pick. So let’s get it going, who is going to win??????

Monte (10-0) @ Connell (9-1)
Meridian (5-5) @ CCC (10-0)
Hoquiam (7-3) @ Mt Baker (10-0)
Port Townsend (6-3) @ La Center (9-1)
La Salle (9-1) @ Okanagan (9-1)
Colville (7-3) @ Royal (9-0)
Freeman (7-2) @ Zillah (8-1)
Naches (7-3) @ Deer Park (8-1)

Last edited:
I think you need to look at 1AA's picks again. Sorry 1AA but I don't want 3 people in front of me.
I'll go
Connell not that I want them too
Cascade Christian not a believer in Meridian yet
Mt Baker
La Center
La Salle
Royal
Zillah
Deer Park

I am gonna make it easy... I pick all the home teams... I didn't study it much and have only one team to really watch... Good luck everyone.... You spelled Okanogan wrong... lol

La Salle (9-1) @ Okanogan (9-1)

Last week was close and Kings screwed up everyone’s perfect picks. Currently KingGriz, TKKWC, and 1AA are in the lead with 10 correct. (the other Kings team and Warden helped out.) note to self, don't pick any king teams. The lowest score is 8, so if anyone missed last week, we will add you to the list at 8. Hint: FrontRowJoe and HSFBJNKE.

This is the First round, and there are some interesting match-ups. This is not going to be an easy week to pick. So let’s get it going, who is going to win??????

You are right this week is a killer on who's going to win.....
Monte @ Connell - Monte has to make the long trek across the state for this one....there defense is good but is it good enough to hold down Connell? Sorry Bulldogs but I am taking Connell
Meridian @ CCC - Meridian made the biggest upset last week I believe across all classes, but this week is another story...CCC
Hoquiam @ Mt Baker - Hoquiam has an interesting history traveling all the way up to Civic Stadium in Bellingham, will the bus ride hurt them or will they come out like they did against King's Way Christian? Upset here Hoquiam in a 2nd half shootout!
PT @ La Center - Wildcats have a great running game, I think PT will have a hard time stopping it....La Center
La Salle @ Okanagan - Interesting matchup here, it's gonna be closer than most think...La Salle
Colville @ Royal - Royal enough said
Freeman @ Zillah - Went against the Leopards enough this year, will the Rangers get a rematch? Zillah
Naches Valley @ Deer Park - What Ranger team will show up here? Defense will play a major factor in this game and the Rangers will get their rematch with Zillah! Rangers in a brutal game...

Monte (10-0) @ Connell (9-1) Connell 27-21
Meridian (6-5) @ CCC (10-0) Cascade Christian 35-12
Hoquiam (7-3) @ Mt Baker (10-0) Mount Baker 28-27
Port Townsend (7-3) @ La Center (9-1) La Center 21-16
La Salle (9-1) @ Okanagan (9-1) La Salle 35-20
Colville (7-3) @ Royal (9-0) Royal 47-8
Freeman (7-2) @ Zillah (8-1) Zillah 22-21
Naches (7-3) @ Deer Park (8-1) Deer Park 14-7

Monte (10-0) @ Connell (9-1) Bulldogs or Eagles?! This is a tough game to pick really. Montesano is a tough squad, but Connell has what it takes to make a deep run. I'll pick against the grain I suppose even with the long bus trip to Connell. I'll take Monte by a slim margin.
Meridian (5-5) @ CCC (10-0) Not drinking the Meridian Koolaid yet here. Cascade Christian
Hoquiam (7-3) @ Mt Baker (10-0) I think this will be a pretty good game, but I'll take the Mounties
Port Townsend (6-3) @ La Center (9-1) La Center in a not so close contest.
La Salle (9-1) @ Okanagan (9-1) Not hyped on the SCAC West teams, but Okanogan's one loss was to a team that wasn't very good. I'll still take Okanogan.
Colville (7-3) @ Royal (9-0) No defense last week in Cashmere to stop the Indians. That'll be vastly different this week. Colville needs to make some moves early in the game and play consistently to have a shot. Royal, big.
Freeman (7-2) @ Zillah (8-1) Zillah and Freeman have played some interesting games this year. Both traditionally run heavy teams. I'll take Zillah in this one.
Naches (7-3) @ Deer Park (8-1) Deer Park, still not a firm believer in the Rangers. They played cupcakes for those first five wins.

Some seriously difficult choices to make. A lot of "apparent" parity this year. The first round results may disprove that, but we shall see. I have hung the dart board and sharpened the darts. Here goes:

Monte (10-0) @ Connell (9-1) Home field advantage and a long bus ride for Monte. Excited to see this one in person.
Meridian (5-5) @ CCC (10-0) Gut feel. Meridian on a high and difficult to beat same team twice, especially when first one was very close.
Port Townsend (6-3) @ La Center (9-1) This may be the easiest one to call.
La Salle (9-1) @ Okanagan (9-1) All things even, pick SCAC
Colville (7-3) @ Royal (9-0) Go Knights!!!
Freeman (7-2) @ Zillah (8-1) Zillah seems a little more balanced. Plus remember all things equal, pick SCAC.
Naches (7-3) @ Deer Park (8-1) All things not equal, not picking SCAC.

Well, I am back to pick. Kind of forgot about this site! And thanks for giving me 8 pts even though I didn't pick. I can tell you that I would have picked Kings anyway.

Washington_sports, post: 53521, member: 4554"]Last week was close and Kings screwed up everyone’s perfect picks. Currently KingGriz, TKKWC, and 1AA are in the lead with 10 correct. (the other Kings team and Warden helped out.) note to self, don't pick any king teams. The lowest score is 8, so if anyone missed last week, we will add you to the list at 8. Hint: FrontRowJoe and HSFBJNKE.

My picks are in bold!

No love for the Hoquiam Grizzlies in the first round I see lol.... Their losses have come against quality teams like WF West from 2A Evergreen Monte and La Center, they have proven they can win in a shootout ex. Hokinson from GSHL 2A...I think the Mt. Baker/Hoquiam game is going to be a lot more interesting than most may think, but hey its high school football right? Anyone can win on any given night, look at Meriden beating Kings.....

While I don't agree that "anyone can win on any given night", I do firmly believe that any of the remaining teams are capable of advancing and nobody can be overlooked. I won't be shocked if Hoquiam pulls it off. I admit that I know very little about the Grizzlies, but I did review their schedule and it appears they won the games that they were expected to win and lost when they needed to step up. (With the possible exception of the Hockinson game you mentioned.) I do think this is a step up for them again this week. I do think the results of this game and Connell/Monte will tell us east-siders a lot about the relative strength of the westside teams.

For the most part when we make these picks we are playing the averages and looking for one or two upset picks at the most to differentiate ourselves from the pack. I didn't have room for any more such picks this week. That being said, Go Grizzlies!

Well there is some very interesting takes on this week. I have not been able to give much thought on the teams so I will be rambling from the hip and try to pick one reasonable upset.

Monte (10-0) @ Connell (9-1) – Monte can stop the run, but can the stop the pass as well? Going with Connell duel threat.
Meridian (5-5) @ CCC (10-0) – Meridian can win, but the simple mistakes they make cost them big time.
Hoquiam (7-3) @ Mt Baker (10-0) – Hoquiam has the talent and The Mountie course usually hits the 1st or 2nd round. Going for the upset just to be different. I can blame King griz for swaying my vote.
Port Townsend (6-3) @ La Center (9-1) – have to choose the home town here.
La Salle (9-1) @ Okanogan (9-1) – Ugh, pass vs run???? Going with experience and the ground game, but looking at a high scoring game.
Colville (7-3) @ Royal (9-0) – Colville has a chance if they can keep the ball on offense for 48 minutes.
Freeman (7-2) @ Zillah (8-1) – Zillah’s bigger guys up front will make the difference.
Naches (7-3) @ Deer Park (8-1) – NEA#1 and SCAC #4 (really fifth place), got to go with the numbers.

No worries Go Knights I'll let your correction slide because of your Stags pick.

Monte (10-0) @ Connell (9-1) Connell at home
Meridian (5-5) @ CCC (10-0) CCC
Hoquiam (7-3) @ Mt Baker (10-0) Mt Baker
Port Townsend (6-3) @ La Center (9-1) La Center
La Salle (9-1) @ Okanagan (9-1) La Salle
Colville (7-3) @ Royal (9-0) Royal. Make it a game Indians
Freeman (7-2) @ Zillah (8-1) Zillah. Wanted to pick NEA but going with gut
Naches (7-3) @ Deer Park (8-1) Deer Park. Could be close if Stags turn ball over but think the D will wear Naches out

Sorry I missed last week. Just too much going on in life. So freaking excited for this weekend. Can't wait for the games.

Monte (10-0) @ Connell (9-1). I go back and forth on this one. It should give us some indication of how east matches up with west. I love the style of play from both teams and coaches are experienced and ready. I predict a close one and monte pulls it out in the end.
Meridian (5-5) @ CCC (10-0) sounds like meridian is beat up. I'm picking CCC
Hoquiam (7-3) @ Mt Baker (10-0). Baker
Port Townsend (6-3) @ La Center (9-1) La Center
La Salle (9-1) @ Okanagan (9-1) I'm picking La Salle but they need to be tight to win. Another close game.
Colville (7-3) @ Royal (9-0). Royal. Without a problem.
Freeman (7-2) @ Zillah (8-1). Zillah
Naches (7-3) @ Deer Park (8-1) Deer Park

Monte (10-0) @ Connell (9-1) - Monte
Meridian (5-5) @ CCC (10-0) - CCC
Hoquiam (7-3) @ Mt Baker (10-0) - Mt. Baker
Port Townsend (6-3) @ La Center (9-1) - La Center
La Salle (9-1) @ Okanagan (9-1) - La Salle
Colville (7-3) @ Royal (9-0) - Royal
Freeman (7-2) @ Zillah (8-1) - Zillah
Naches (7-3) @ Deer Park (8-1) - Deer Park

ADVERTISEMENT