ADVERTISEMENT

King Dunn, enough said

hit_th_is

Jan 19, 2006
This kid is the fastest white kid I have ever seen. I do not believe anyone will beat him after his freshman year, good luck becuase your gonna need it. O and watch out 4a too, he liked chocolate in middle school and went to hershey, penn. wooped up on them too.

OK...so you didn't watch him this past Friday, because he was beaten by several fater white kids.

Let's get real. Dunn is good, but it's not like he's the second coming of Carl Lewis. Just go back a couple of years and you had sprinters in the Trico and Evergreen leagues that would have eaten him for lunch. (Brett Larson, Adam Neff, Keith McMillen, and Scott Selby come to mind)

If he keeps progressing, Dunn will be a very good sprinter. He's pretty good now. But this is a down year for Boys Trico sprints.

hey, the kids a freshman....a VERY fast freshman! Eaten him for lunch? Please, at the same age, Brett Larson, Adam Neff, Keith McMillen, and Scott Selby would have expected competition from Dunn who often crosses the finish line without breathing hard.

Our subs cover two days. A few of the field events and the sprinting prelims were today. the rest of the meet is friday, including the 4 by 4.

nm
This post was edited on 5/11 8:43 PM by HHSgrizzif(GetAdminCookie() != 0) {document.write(' (Revisions[/URL])');}

Did Dunn just false start or what? Is he going to pick up a new event for Districts or does he already have all four?

ya false start. who knows if he will pick up an event. best bet would be 4 by 4 though.

Yes he is a very fast freshman. But to read the comments of y'all from Hockinson, well you'd think he was the fastest sprinter of all time.

If Dunn doesn't breathe hard, he's not running fast enough. And yes, Larson, Neff and Selby all medaled at state as freshmen. Dunn is not unique, just pretty darn good. Like the others were.

For what it's worth, Culp ran the 100 at state as a freshman as well.

I mean really, don't you think statement like "the fastest white kid I've ever seen" is a bit over the top?

By the way, good luck this evening in Woodland! I really enjoy watching you and your sister run.

I am exited for tonight. tubbs is tweaking out like crazy. its funny. are there any track participants playing in the shriner bowl?? oh yeah
who are the schools going to districts in woodland next week???

hockinson got 3:40.4 for the 4 by 4 and that was with out colton. watch out hoquiam here we come.

colton dunn is fricken fast. and hes only a freshman. in the next four years hes only going to get faster.

Yeah, Culp from Columbia is a great sprinter. The thing that is most amazing about him is that he isn't always healthy, and that is the way it's been for nearly his whole career and he still wins races. I would love to see him at 100% for a whole year. If he wouldn't have missed his Junior year I bet he would have won State in at least won of his races.

well hoquiam touted themselves as the best 4 by 4 team in the league, so i could see why he said, "watch out hoquiam". i dont know where the culp comment came from...was it referring to him in the 400, because i dont remember his splits being that fast. i doubt he would have won state either...correct me if im wrong but hasnt the frosh, dunn, beat him in every race this year besides when dunn was dq'd?

Yeah, and if you read the previous post, the guy is talking about Culp never being healthy for a full season. He's been sprinting on a bad hamstring all season. And he's lost to Dunn recently (SW Classic) by .01. Not .1....but .01.

And yeah, when a freshman is running the 100 at state (as Culp did), he's pretty darn fast. If you check the 2A state records, you'll see just how infrequently this happens. Maybe Culp wouldn't have won a state title, but if he had stayed healthy, he'd have a whole bunch of state medals. Here's to hoping Dunn stays healthy. I hate to see track athletes lose out due to injury.

And yes, when Dunn qualifies for the 200 at state as a freshman tonight it will be a really cool deal. Again, it's pretty rare.

if you are talking about the 4 by 4....hoquiam did not beat hockinson. Ridgefield got 1st, Hockinson 2nd, and Hoquiam 3rd...but yes overall you guys won the meet..nice job.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT