ADVERTISEMENT

L.C. vs Squalicum

Warrant3

Dec 15, 2006
Lynden Christian squares off against the Storm tonight at LC. I'm expecting a very good game. Squalicum matches up pretty well with the Lyncs and they really need a win to keep their playoff hopes alive. Stay tuned.

I'm listening to the pregame now on KPUG stream as Isaac Riemer receives the LC team's "all-time points leader" plaque from Grant Dykstra. Well deserved congratulations go out to this young man who is having a great career at LC. LC looking strong as they have secured the #1 NWC seed going into the 1A district tournament.

KPUG

That is a great accomplishment by Reimer, must of been a pretty cool seen with Dykstra there to present a ball and plague to Isaac. Not only that he is a McDonald's All-American Finalist for the state. He is a great player and I do not see their season ending anytime soon.

Warrant, did you happen to be there? It sounded like a great game on the radio. The Lyncs come away with a 1 point win. game winner by Dustin Brandsma

Yes, I was there. Great high school game. Reimer actually got out played by a 6'3" post by the name Alex Yuska. Yuska had 27 I believe and shot extremely well tonight. Lyncs had a dynamite half court inbounds play they ran with just over two seconds. The Lyncs are ready for the playoffs.

Reimer ended with 21 but sat out almost all the first half, so LC won this one while missing a half of Reimer and an off night from Daulton Hommes. Van Dalen, Meppelink, and Brandsma showed theyre much more then a 1 man show.

Looks everyone is playing for second. LC probably gets a chance to knock off CC#1, ECL #1 and Nisqually #1 in a week and THEN move onto to Regionals. Acutally CPC, SA and LC are already to Regionals and 7 other teams are fighting it out for two spots. some good teams will be left behind.

Reimer sat out for just over one quarter by my recollection. He got into foul trouble because he was getting schooled by Alex Yuska I think it's important to give a little credit where it is due. Yes, Reimer got his 21 points, but he through up enough bricks to fill the back of my pickup. Not a high shooting percentage for Isaac tonight.

Thye more I watch this LC team, the more impressed I am with them. I thought Truman Van Dalen and Dustin Brandsma were rock solid for the Lyncs last night.

can't wait to see LC match up with Seattle Academy, who I think they will smoke and then Cedar Park Christian, which could be a terrific game, though I think LC will prevail because of their experience in playoff basketball. if the brackets are favoable, wouldn't be surprised to see them playing each other on Saturday night. I know I am ignoring 2/3 of the state...

To be honest, those are the three teams to beat. Zillah is playing in a cake league, and does not match up well with any of those three teams. Kalama concievably could pull an upset, but I don't see a way in which they could win State. Zillah maybe but not Kalama. I think you'll see the State Champ come from LC, SA, and CPC. My choice is LC.

SA's bench is too thin and they lose composure too easily. They will not be able to handle gut check game when it matters.

I completely understand where you're coming from, but that's tough to gauge without them having been put in those situations. Let's remember that LC last year only had 2 guys (3 with Van Kooten, but he played very limited minutes because of his ACL injury) who saw any kind of pressure situations last year until the playoffs. I'm not saying I don't agree with you, merely that right now it's difficult to be able to say, as a fact, that is the way SA will respond to that kind of situation. Agree that the thin bench is a definite negative.

I think 4A GP down south would tell you SA is loaded with talent. SA beat Nooksack Valley without their 2 best players in uniform by 30 plus. LC got 31 out of Reimer and Nooksack was in it most of the way against them. I will go out on a limb and say SA gives them all they can handle and could even beat them. I believe they are that good. LC does not handle quickness and SA has a bunch.
It will be a fun ride in the post season for sure. Don't get me wrong I am a big LC and hope they repeat. They play the game the right way. I just don't know if they can handle SA and CPC etc.

Nooksack Valley just won it's first game all year last night - I really don't think they are able to be the standard by which we judge teams. Plus LC beat them by 21 while SA beat them by 30. Perhaps the game was closer than the score, but both teams beat a team by 20+ that they should have beaten by 20+.

I'm looking forward to another trip to Yakima to watch the Lyncs and Lions fight tooth and claw to the top again!

Trying to use Nooksack as a litmus test doesn't make alot of sense in my opinion. `"LC does not handle quickness........" I don't know where you got that from. LC can handle quickness. They are a mature, well coached team that can play against different styles. I watched the SA/ Nooksack game. I didn't know SA was missing their two best players. What I can tell you is they ran one of the worst full court presses I have seen in awhile. Hacking and slapping their way to 7 fouls in the first 4+ minutes of the game. Look, I don't know if LC can beat Seattle Academy or not. And I don't know if they can beat CPC or not. What I do think is the Lyncs have played a significantly tougher schedule than any other 1A contender.

By the way, Graham-Kapowsin has won a total of 1 game from what I see, if that is the 4A school you were referring to. SA has one signature win against what I believe is a good Chelan team. Other than that, their schedule is suspect.
This post was edited on 1/30 11:56 AM by Warrant3

You guys both make great points. I do agree with both of you. I just read the posts implying they are superior to the other teams in the district which could very well be. I just wanted to note that they are good but not necessarily "way above" Seattle Academy and or CPC. They may not even get by Meridian or King's and we may not even find out. Lots of games to be played yet before we crown anyone.
As a side note, LC is the team I want to see go win another one. I just know they have to really earn it with the schedule ahead.

Agreed Warrant. Saying LC can't handle quickness is a pretty big joke. Obviously last year is last year, but almost this exact same LC team handled almost the exact same SA team. SA's quickness was not a factor. That isn't to say that they couldn't win. I think SA has improved a ton, and could very well beat LC. I'm just saying that making the claim that they can't handle quickness is very false. And using Nooksack as a barometer also is not wise.

Meridian is the #3 seed going into the playoffs, and they appear to be heading in the wrong direction. Their game against LC is an example of what I was referring to earlier when I said Lynden Christian is getting everybody's best shot. LC handled the pressure from the Garcia brothers, and believe me, they were bringing it early in that game. The Lyncs went up by 17 points in the 3rd quarter before they went to sleep at the wheel. Meridian came on with a rush to turn it into a great game. LC maintained their composure to get the win.

Speaking of Nooksack Valley, if they get by Sedro-Woolley in their last game (not an impossible task) they will likely be in the playoffs. How about that. 0-18 at one point and making the playoffs.

Cashmere turned the tables on Chelan last night winning 67-59 at home. I still think they could be a player to make the State Tournament.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT