ADVERTISEMENT

Let's get ready!!!! 2A Tennis

Foot Fault

Apr 26, 2006
i can't believe its almost time to start playin! i'm excited!!! any ideas on who will be the top contenders for singles this year??? Doubles???

hmm lets see after those teams moving down from 3A to the CWAC, i dont know of anyone from that league, except for that rasmussen kid from quincy who took 2 in doubles with a now graduate.

Looking at this years 2A players, there are only a few that I have heard about that stand out for singles. Ethan from Toppenish, Medical Lake's Max Nelson, and Quincys' Cameron Rasmussen. This year the season will be a lot different with a complete new league, but will make it more interesting with nobody really knowing their competition. If anybody has heard of any other big names for 2A tennis post em'.

my gosh, the upper cwac teams know nuthin about the lower ones. its gonna be exciting to see how these play out. cant wait till the season starts

Lets not forget about last year's 2a 3rd place finisher, Matt Erickson from Ridgefield. He has been to state 3 years in a row, Ridgefield is (according to wiaa website) a 2a school, and it looks like he's a senior this year, so unless he is out for some other reason, I would expect him to be there at state.

Also, I would place Cody Alliston in there as well.

I hear ephrata has a doubles team of two freshman that seem to be phenoms will get back with names asap

CWAC standouts are

Singles:
Ethan Reynolds-Toppenish (good all around player)
Cameron Rasmussen- Quincy (good all around player, explosive forehand)
Tyler Danby-Ephrata (decent?)

Doubles:
John Schutz-Toppenish (good serve, solid volleys, decent ground strokes)
Aaron Avalos-Toppenish (good serve, good forehand, explosive backhand)

Erickson is back? I thought he graduated...

I think the door is open for the hardest worker during the whole season to win singles this year. But if Erickson is back, he'll be hard to beat. I hope we have some younger talent to make things interesting. I guess the bottom line is after the top few...it's a crap shoot.

I can compare Cody Alliston of Selah to Cameron Rasmussen. They are both solid. I saw them both play Plesha of Sunnyside. Both got beat badly, but Alliston is in my opinion the better player.

Rasmussen will play against Alliston one of the first league matches of the season on 3/20 in Quincy. Cameron has been playing a lot in Wenatchee at the WRAC, so we'll see what happens.

Max Nelson has been out for Medical Lakes past two matches. Dallon Bogart has played their singles and is doing fine. I can't wait to see the battles between them throughout the year. Nobody else though.

Maybe he was the better player last year...maybe, but I doubt it. Rasmussen proved he's better by winning 6-1, 6-3.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT