ADVERTISEMENT

Let's talk serious 2A Tennis

Foot Fault

Apr 26, 2006
Let's forget about all the insults of the players and thier towns. Let's get straight to talent. I think Omak will win state this year, but they are going to have to play really well against Cashmere, Quincy, and Medical Lake. Each of these teams have a lot of talent and are capable of winning state, and Stan Ovenell is the best doubles player in the league. Some smack it hard and others mix in the lob. Who cares how they win, the best part about tennis is adjusting to the game of your opponent. If you are getting beat by the lob, you need to adjust to win. I like to believe that everyone is out there playing it straight and I hope that this happens this year from subs to state. I think it is fun to have some bad blood in a rivalry. I will definetly be watching these four teams to see who will come out on top.

As far as singles, I think a healthy Floyd will win it this year. McGuffin is good, but Floyd will pound his backhand. As far as my knowledge goes, after those two it is wide open. Does anyone know of anyone else who could push Floyd or Mcguffin?

I agree. I think that Omak is the deepest 2A program and should win the team title. As far as the singles go, I think Floyd is a shoe in. I said that last year though and was wrong. Unless there is someone in the west I am unaware of, it should be his this year. It doesn't hurt that his best friend and practice partner is Danny Plesha.

Yeah, the team title will mostly likely go to Omak this year. Last year they sent 5 people to state, 1 singles player and 2 doubles teams. Last year they would have had the team title, but their second doubles team lost out to state against Quincy's #1 doubles team. This year Omak is looking to send 6 people to state. Matt and Tim in singles, and their #1 and #2 doubles teams. If three of those 4 place at state, the team title would be very hard to win, especially with a 1st place out of the #1 doubles team.

ok....now guess what school I'm from.

You must be that Cameron kid from Quincy. :p

Anyways, I'm really surprised that a team can even put that many people into a state tournament. Maybe it's just the 2A level, or maybe Omak is just plain awesome(could be both) but I've never really heard of that happening in the 3 or 4A divisions, where 6 people make it to state. :-/ I suppose it could happen, though, so whatever.

2A has alot less tennis players and schools than 3A and 4A. 2A and below only get 8 singles and 8 doubles at state as opposed to 16 in 3A and 4A. Omak is good, but it is much harder to do in upper divisions.

It is true that 2A is easier for one team to dominate. I don't know if you guys know this or not, but next year Clarkston is going to be 2A. I'm sure that will be a huge relief for the mid-valley league, and it should scare omak as well seeing how Clarkston dominated the gsl-mvl regional last year and just keep getting stronger. I see clarkston giving both omak and medical lake a run for their money. Look out!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT