ADVERTISEMENT

Max Preps poll

Monte Mom

Nov 16, 2015
I was looking at MaxPreps poll they have Zillah ranked one ahead of Royal. Zillah has only gave up 7 points all season . What do you eastsiders think about this can they dump Royal this year

I mean, Zillah is a good football team. They were up against Ellensburg when that game was called due to weather, they beat a good LaSalle team late at home. They just don't "look" like they're on the same level as Royal. It's one of those things where numbers don't really tell the whole story and you just kind of have to see for yourself.

Not that polls matter much, but MaxPreps latest poll goes as follows:
1 Royal
2 Mt. Baker
3 Meridian
4 Colville
5 Zillah
6 Lynden Christian
7 Hoquiam
8 Omak
9 Newport
10 La Salle

I think there’s probably a few teams that can give Royal a good game. They should be favored in every game this year, but will have to come to play to avoid an upset.

Sorry your right I thought it was rankings but it was Washington state 1a standings and listed all 53 teams from 1 thru 53 Zillah was top of that list. not sure what was criteria for that list Find a state> Washington>class 1a

Rankings this year have been crazy....I don’t know how to take Maxpreps ranking the way they have....if you went by league things would be way different.....surprisingly the Evergreen has been very tough this year....who would have thought Elma would have been 5-0 going into their game with Hoquiam? The top 4 teams in the Evergreen have been flat out tough from the opening game this year! I will be honest and say that I was surprised that Hoquiam beat Elma and then beat Monte like they did, now as for Monte they have 2 ‘legitimate’ losses on the year 2a Woodland and Hoquiam, therefore they should get some love in the seeding coming up here soon....I will say this though, the Monte-Elma game coming up this Friday will be very intense and expect a very hard game between those two teams!!!

ADVERTISEMENT