ADVERTISEMENT

MVL or NWL

85NWLfollower

Feb 7, 2006
I see that NWL and MVL dominate this forum so my question is for
all the MVL hotshots out their
Its obvious i am going to choose a NWL team. My question is, does the MVL have any teams that can compete with the NWL teams. NWL is TOUGH this year and i dont know much about the MVL or any other leagues. NWL has 3 REALLY good teams. Burlington, Lynden, and Bellingham. Any teams that can compete with lynden? (22-1) Burlington is one of the most improved teams almost upsetting lynden. Bellingham is overall a good team just hasnt had big wins this year. Lynden is the NWL best, only losing one game all year and playing for the district championship game this saturday. so what do you have for me MVL forum posters, got anyone that can match the NWL's toughness?

Oh there are some teams in the MVL, Hanford and Ellensburg, that can probably run with the NWL. Im not saying, they'd win, but both teams play tough, and dont give up.

Noticed that Hanford has the better overall with the only losses coming from Ellensburg. Yet, Ellensburg has 8 total losses if i am not mistaken. What was Hanford doing when it played Ellensburg to produce it's only 3 league losses? Seems as though they would be equal to Lynden in record without those losses.

Also, could you guys provide some info on your studs over there. Are Ellensburg and Hanford predominately big men teams or shooters?

They are a combo of the two. Couple of big guys, Severins 6'10. (hanford) Gordon is 6'6. (e-burg). Lotta boards and blocks coming from the two. I'd lean more towards shooters though. Begalka (hanford) and Johnson (e-burg). And they got kids to back up their big guns. I think with the NWL, it'd be a fight. They are tough teams also. I'm not sure it wouldn't be a dang close game. And everytime Hanford played e-burg, hanford had a horrible night, especially the last game. And everytime the game was tight. So Thats's where those losses came from. Not to knock the e-burg wins though. They won it, thats for sure.

Actually Hanford was 1-2 vs. Ellensberg, beating them very early in a non-leaguer, Hanfords other 2 losses coming to Prosser and Pullman, though they were missing one of their tops guns Curry vs Pullman.Both teams are very good Defensively, giveing up less than 50 a game I believe,(Hanford won the MVL district title 42-39 in 2ot, so there u go), I know Lynden is very good, dont know if either could handle them, but its high school hoops u never do know!!

yeah...i have not seen any MVL teams. I just have to say that my biggest pet peeve is when people say they played bad BOTH times they played them. It always seems to me that you are making excuses, WHICH I KNOW YOUR NOT. I saw it with Bellingham fans when Lynden beat them by 30 and 22.

To give perspective to how good Lynden is...they beat the second place team in NWL twice (by 30 and 22).

I would love to see Lynden play a MVL team at State, it would be fun to watch. But i would have to say Lynden would come out on top and Burlington/Bellingham might beat a MVL team. Then again, I'm not going to lie about the fact that I am biased towards NWL.

hey NWLeaguers...what happend to Scizzo? i think he may have made a new name, or who knows he may have taken Postals advice.

So how did Lynden do against 2a powerhouse L.Christian im assuming they played them? Heard of the Bomber kid for a while now, Sophmore correct, heard he's very talented, any other young bucks making their mark this year? Also we'll find out about the mvl tonight when WV yakima plays WV of Spokane and Hanford host North Central, both those GSL teams have been ranked high all year and both have 4 losses but they play in a 3a-4a league and know some of their losses have been against 4a teams!

Sharpie, I'm not too sure what happened. I saw him at the B'Ham game sitting next to Henifin, Sr. Later the next day he was logged on for a few. If you look at the top of the message board it will post all that are online. :)

Sport11821, Lynden beat LC by 1 around the mid-year mark. Wasn't too close of a game, until the last 3 minutes when the Burgers kid threw up some amazing prayers.

It's surprising that Bomber has only came across your radar. If I am not mistaken, 5 or 6 different players have hit the 20 point mark. They are all pretty explosive and just an all around great team! At this time, that's all I will reveal. :)

Can't wait to see who comes out of your league on top!! Best of luck to you guys!

"Noticed that Hanford has the better overall with the only losses coming from Ellensburg. Yet, Ellensburg has 8 total losses if i am not mistaken. What was Hanford doing when it played Ellensburg to produce "

first of all, Ellensburg played very tough teams pre season to get ready for the leauge...and not once was a game out of control agianst a togh team

from what i hear hanford had a pretty easy prseason

and to everyone that knocks on MVL is killing me, considering some of us kept up with wv spokane and had a close game last year, and they got fourth at state if im not mistaken?

ADVERTISEMENT