ADVERTISEMENT

Officials Question-- Does anyone know the answer?

scottiepride

Dec 29, 2011
In a conference district game between east and west teams do the officials have to be a mix from both conferences? For example can all east officials be used ? Where does this rule appear??

I could be wrong but I believe in the crossover games (1st round) they usually use a team of officials form the home conference.I would suppose due to travel expense. I dont beleive there to be rule in a book about it, I would think it would be a decision made by the collective group of athletic directors from each district. And then when the tournament gets to one location (2nd round and later) you will see a mix of east and west officials working the games. From what I have seen there is a big difference in how officials from different conferences call games. (not saying better or worse, just different). Thus getting home court advantage for the first round is very important, as after 20 games a team should have a pretty good feel on how the game will be called. I think your more experienced teams are able to make adjustments early in the game, dependent on how the game is being called. I'm pretty sure the officials in Zillah last night were all guys i have seen work the west this year. And for the record i thought they did a nice job. I'm sure Connell was called for more fouls than Zillah in the game. But Zillah was quicker and more aggressive to the hoop which was causing Connell to foul.

Scottiepride, what happened last night? your score was announced in Zillah, that you were up by 6 or so late in the game...and the crowd in Zillah was pulling for you guys.

tough loss, in regulation up by 1 clock expired ( we are checking film to make sure) two refs said game over I read thier lips as they huddled they were 10 feet from us and one called foul. Kid steps up hits one out of two we go to overtime. Highland missed free throws in OT lost game --- last call in regulation very questionable we will see if the film shows that the game was over----KiBE parents even told us the game was over. Calls in overtime interesting to say the least--

Just a side note some of the same refs who reffed the Connell /Highland YouTube game last year that went global were assigned to this game and made some interesting calls-why would any district tournament official assign a ref involved in that game to this----it would be nice to get a yakima ref once in awhile.

That being said Highland had a chance to put it away and did not slam the door- our fault we left it close ---story of our season.

I would have liked a better showing against you guys(Zillah) who knows maybe next year we can make you guys sweat a little :)

That is a tough way to lose. But you are correct, this time of the year strange things happen and a team has to be able to shut the door and take those scenarios out of play. Good luck against Columbia, I can tell you that if last night is any indicator, there are alot of westside people pulling for you, and your program.
I would totally expect that the Zillah / Highland matchups next year should be a little closer. I think your coach is doing a great job and your program has definatley improved.
Dont forget there is a chance that game could happen this year...If you beat Columbia Burbank and Zillah loses to Naches I think you would Play each other.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT