ADVERTISEMENT

OK gang it's time to start the....

WHS1982

Gold Member
Feb 19, 2003
talking! The new revised 2B football should be awesome! I see some great new competition coming into the ranks and it is making it hard to figure out who's gonna be the top dogs.

The Gorillas will be returning too much power and are my early season favorite for the title, but Life Christian brings a whole new dimension to the table, with 5 returning 1A All State players. However, if the rumours are true about the Irish draft, then look for Desales to be vying for that elusive title one more time.

My favorite underdog for 06' will have to be Adna... the Pirates looked mighty fast and deep last year and will return several top players. If they can put it all together, then they have a shot at playing in December!

Now of course, my favorite team! The Waitsburg Cardinals!!! Look for the men in red & black to start the comeback. With 38 turning out, the Cardinals will finally have some depth again, but 29 are underclassmen (15 frosh & 14 sophs), the Cards are also extremely young. But, we are certainly looking forward to an exciting season and will give most teams in D9 a run and possibly even some upsets.

I will of course be posting my Dist 9 predictions a little later, after practice starts and we see the reality, not the rumours.

WHS

WHS

Sometimes I wonder if your smoking things. By now you should know that defense wins championships. The two most powerful defenses in the 2B's this season rest in no other than the NEB. Reardan & Davenport could break records for points allowed in a season. Both teams will average around the 220-230 lbs mark on the front line. Life Christian will no doubt be an offensive threat, but it is tough to complete a pass when your lying on your back, and their weak ass league won't help come playoffs.
This post was edited on 7/27 4:46 PM by OGanklebreakerif(GetAdminCookie() != 0) {document.write(' (Revisions[/URL])');}

This post was edited on 7/27 4:53 PM by WHS1982if(GetAdminCookie() != 0) {document.write(' (Revisions[/URL])');}

This post was edited on 7/27 4:53 PM by WHS1982if(GetAdminCookie() != 0) {document.write(' (Revisions[/URL])');}

This post was edited on 7/27 4:52 PM by WHS1982if(GetAdminCookie() != 0) {document.write(' (Revisions[/URL])');}

Actually OG, you and I are in complete agreement here. Except, you also have to score points to win.

I will say, I think you should get your prescription checked, because those NEB glasses are starting to get a little foggy... Yes, Davenport will be THE target this year, but Reardan is done... they will be lucky to see post season before it's over and if they do, well it wont last beyond the qualifier, unless of course they draw Kittitas... then they get to round 2

WHS

WHS

Reardan is done? Now I know you smoke crack.

They have 2 linemen that will make the all-state team. They have a running back that will make the all-state team, and they have a the best defensive back in the entire state. Not to mention the QB who transfered to Reardan from Medical Lake. He is bigger than most of our linebackers lol.... It's hard to take off the NEB glasses when we keep winning everything. P.S. The title will likely stay in the NEB once again. P.S.S. If I listened to you the last 3 years I'd never be right!

OG:

I think what what WHS means by "Reardan is done" is that Readan is done took the title last 3 out of 4 years, Reardan (a 30 point underdog) is done beat an offensive powerhouse in Desales last year for the Championship, Reardan is done held Davenport to less yards than WHS has teeth in the semi's, Reardan is done set themselves up to do it again.

You can only judge by WHS's 3 blank posts prior to his last that he was either stuttering real bad, or experiencing an all out siezure when he wrote it. Combine that with the 'burg dialect and it's easy to see how you mis-read his post. I mean lets face it, no clear thinking person with any pulse or knowledge of football would say "Reardan is done" even after falling 60' straight down from the stupid tree and landing directly on their head.

Look at col-pul's picks, even he has Reardan at #2 narrowly behind Springdale and the pulster has taken that fall dozens of times. Just a big misunderstanding I'm sure. Have a good one......

You guys kill me, seriously I started cracking up as read Eric's post... that was good.

But, Reardan is at best 3rd in the NEB and more likely 4th. Now, if that QB is as good as touted, then perhaps they might make a run at a #2 finish, but as it stands right now, they are too one dimensional. You can only run so far behind a couple of good line man and as you stated, defense wins games. 10 in the box, shut down the stud and the Indians are DONE.

But, like always, the season is long and lots can happen. Reardan was certainly not picked to win it last year early on! But, they sure showed up and proved they were Champions!

Also, picking a NEB team to win the Championship is like picking the Yankees to win the Series... duh

"10 in the box", that reminds me of a time last December in Tacoma when Reardan's opponent put 10 in the box at their own 5 and John Jayne carries the ball untouched just outside the box to the end zone. Now those 10 in the box had to average 220# with great explosion, foot speed, and lateral movement but still couldn't get a hand on Jayne or Bob the Bull on his 2 point PAT.

But, since that game was a 95% run game for Reardan finishing with a 4th quarter 10 minute possession that went shore to shore I will have to shelf my support for your deduction that putting 10 in the box will shut Reardan down.

Gee, I wonder why Kim Cox, Harold Patterson, Greg Whitmore, and all the other coaches that faced Reardan didn't have the revelation to stack the box. You should probably enlighten them about your defensive strategies and tip 'em off about the Yankees, you'll be the flavor of the week.

Now dammit WHS I want you to hold on tight to those branches next time you dissect Reardan's offense, 60' is further down than it looks. Be careful man, at least till your scouts get up to full power.
This post was edited on 7/28 6:44 PM by EricW62if(GetAdminCookie() != 0) {document.write(' (Revisions[/URL])');}
This post was edited on 7/28 6:45 PM by EricW62if(GetAdminCookie() != 0) {document.write(' (Revisions[/URL])');}

Geez, sorry guys... I did'nt realize I bruised your little ego's so badly... I should know better than to predict anything without checking in first.

Anybody else have anything? And dont fear, their just NEB guys... they get all a twitter anytime someone might disagree with exactly how they think... but, it's ok, just like some dogs, they bark alot, but there bite is nothing to be scared off.

I will predict this to be a good year for La Salle. Fastest running back in the State in Vetter. Returning core of their offensive and defensive lines with good size and strength. And getting back Cacchiotti, running back/linebacker. I like their chances if they can stay healthy.

No bruised ego here, you can tell cause I didn't start cryin 'bout recruiting amongst our opponents. Isn't that what we NEB'ers when we've been sent to the corner.

On the other hand, I would have assumed you had your head gear on and mouth gaurd before you jumped in the ring and proclaimed that "Reardan is done". If I rabbit punched or hit after the bell I appologize. Just enjoying some friendly sparring. Tell ya what for round 2 you can throw a few at me. Ding Ding. Hey WHS where is Waitsburg, and do they play football against other teams and stuff or do they just go to Pomeroy games and watch? (that should do it....hehe)

This post was edited on 7/30 4:35 PM by EricW62if(GetAdminCookie() != 0) {document.write(' (Revisions[/URL])');}

Eric, no probs here... it's all good and heck, at this stage of the game we can predict just about anything eh'. If ya'll aint careful, I may just put the Cardinals at #1 and leave it at that!

Coach, I have to agree, LaSalle should be a contendor.

Healthy is true for just about any B school... except if you are from the NE, then when somebody get's hurt, they just cruise on over to Medical Lake and find a replacement...

Oh now why ya'll want to start dragging me into this? I mean with your picking Kettle Falls over Colfax before I picked Springdale #1 the fall from the stupid tree wasn't that bad, I had something soft and plump to land on.

Besides Reardan should get a Medical Lake student from time to time, it isn't like Medical don't get 30-40 Reardan students every year, at least until the WIAA head count is done.

So this must be the love they been feelin over at the factory. I've never piped off when I drive through the 'dale and see a Hooterite (sp) with a football. I'm just happy to see a Charger with possetion.

I'll have to do a little diggin to see what the angle is down in the 'burg. Although history does point to the fact that there is no angle.

Well I'm off to Cheney, heard there was a D1 prospect there who didn't get the locker or parking spot he wanted, time to go to work.

Tell ya what, the Chargers are a crafty bunch. Been laying low for the last 50 years biding their time setting up the Panorama league and bi-county for a great fall. Waiting, watching and other wise baiting the trap. Will they spring its mighty toothed jaws this year sensing the time is ripe for easy pickings? Yes coiled for the unsuspected strike they are. Only time will tell but one thing's for sure if this is the year all their crafty planning is unleashed it will catch all who have not prepared for Charger judgement unaware, it's never the Charger you see that gets you.

Hey, I can give you a bit of a scoop on your new QB. If he's the same kid that finished last season for Medical and played in the Pullman game he has one major weakness, he can't throw while on his back worth a danm. I might even make the trip to Reardan to watch and see if the kid throws the ball any better from his feet, maybe the Davenport game. Got a date for that yet? It's in Reardan this year isn't it?

I can't believe you are so liberal with the Charger strategy col-pul. 50 years has to be the longest "rope a dope" in history. Too bad they didn't have a game with George Foreman for homecoming. The wise teams will shake the Charger bushes before stepping.

I'm thinkin the Reardan QB gave it up at Medical Lake mid season, maybe after the Colville game. My Colville posse said he got picked more times than Mike W's nose at a stop light. I watched him during Reardan's team camp and at Whitworth, I never saw any grass stains on his back. He is a calm level headed guy who will put a big smack on if he has to scramble, no sidelines or slides, just a little helmet to abdomen punishment for making him leave the pocket. The 4 OL horsemen up front can't do enough push ups to let him get sacked very often. I think a little 7 on 7 to get to know his targets a little better and he will be good to go.

Reardan vs Davenport will be Sept 22, in Davenport. By the way, anyone know where I can get a 40' blow up Indian with a tomahawk in one hand and a cluster of bananas in the other? Drop me a line if ya come up col-pul and we'll go to the R store for some type of meat over rice. My treat. I would have to believe that the rash from last years semi, and home field should have the monkeys jumpin around like a fat kid at Krispy Kreme. Look for a great game.....

The Chargers are in town on Nov 3, I might even politic for ya to get a tower seat for that one. Best BBQ in town with OG's family. I bet just knowing how to record would qualify you as the Charger film man, and it would look great for them to actually have a man in the booth. If you make that one don't forget my 20 spot (Colfax over KF, what a pigeon).

Have a good one.

WHS,

You maybe the only reason why I come over here and read any Washpreps boards. It is funny that you have Reardan as the #3 and possibly #4 team out of the NEB. I would really like to know who the two teams better them are. I think Lind Ritzville will be good on the line. They have two good backs but will struggle throwing the ball as I believe DeWald was a Senior. Liberty will be putting Canning at RB is the word from the fields. They lack size upfront but have a couple other skill players. Davenport is the head of the class in the NEB as they return the majority of their team. They are led by do everything QB Kyle Nelson and a line full of hogs. Those 4 should be the top 4. I think Davenport, Reardan, L-R, Liberty in that order.

dink,

I was wondering when you would chime in on this discussion...
To answer your question, I think you already did it for me. You just have the order off a little... Davenport, L/R, Reardan, Liberty and a then an upset by Liberty possibly puts Reardan at #4.

Now, I have a question for you. Hows things over at Concrete? Are you looking forward to playing in the big leagues now!

WHS

How do you put L/R above Reardan? They have a good line coming back with two good backs. I think they fit the bill for the offense in the NEB but the defense is going to be the question mark. I will take Reardan's defense over L/R's offense..

The 2B's are the same of the 1A's for us here except the crossover week with the Sea Tac league.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT