ADVERTISEMENT

Prairie Sans Aldridge

statewide

Jan 18, 2004
I am convinced the drop off will start next year when Prairie loses the key players but so far:

AP Poll has Prairie ranked #1
They have beaten every 3A and 4A team they have played in SW Washington
They beat the #1 2A team Mark Morris (barely)

Next up:

They need to secure #1 seed coming out of GSHL
They need to be in the top 2 out of WCD/GSHL tournament inorder to secure a beatable state opponent
They need to run through the state tournament and end up in the Title Game
They need to win that game and win their second in a row........something Prairie has done only twice before

And next year:

The inevitable slide will begin..................unless Aldridge returns
That has happened once before
Smith shows he is better than we think and Prairie remains Prairie

This post was edited on 1/24 12:48 PM by statewide

Dido.
flush.r191677.gif

Thinking that the momentum would carry forward from Coach Alridge was misguided from the start. The youth program that has been referred to from time was his program. Those kids intended to play for Alldredge. Four of the varsity are transfers. That's not likely to continue. OC's Kurt G was the succession plan for the Pioneers. Prairie didn't take that step. Instead hired a coach with a 3 win record, a freind with no program. And so, game over. Just like the rest of the GSHL 3A.
Fan or not, that's not good for the Falcons.

Well, if nothing else, Alli Corral will still be going to Prairie, so there's that. Set for about 6-7 more years. :p

Hopefully she does. That's a plus. The BG School district Had an opportunity to level the playing field last spring and they did, from their perspective. The girls program Has overshadowed the boys program for the better part of 30 years. That was hard for some people to take. And of course, it created a lot of animosity. The district will never have to deal with that situation Again by Consolidating the programs. It wasn't about continuing a tradition, but more about taking care of their cronies. And by the way, the decent has already started, you don't have to wait until next year. Game over.

She still plays for the Prairie youth program so signs are pointing towards it. But you never know. And come on, was the Game Over part really necessary? Let's see some positive posts for the Falcons. Just because Aldridge is gone doesn't mean we can't be positive and still be fans of the program. I still am confident these girls can do some damage and I'm still going to give it a little while before I say goodbye to the Prairie tradition. Not ready for that, not til a couple years pass.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT