ADVERTISEMENT

Romeo from Wahkiakum

I was told that Monday was his day in court. What was his plea? Another question. Isn't this one big distraction for the team?

He pled "not guilty." I'm wondering what happens to a kid on the team who gets charged with an MIP (drinking violation). Don't they usually get suspended?

Yeah I've heard that before. But a kid CHARGED with an MIP almost always gets suspended, and kids "CAUGHT" at parties (not proven to be at parties; I don't think they fingerprint or bring in CSI: Cathlamet) get suspended.
Example: So if a cop CATCHES him with a beer, he gets suspended, even if he takes it to court and gets it dropped, but if a cop CATCHES him with a stolen gun, stolen stereo equipment, etc., it's different?
Just seems a little off. You'd think you'd rather have your school represented by a kid with a beer in his room rather than a stolen shotgun.

well, at least he didn't kill anyone.. I mean.. they'd suspend a kid who was under investigation for murder right????

He has a court date next monday and trial is set for sometime in April according to the Longview paper. If its going to trial there must be some damning evidence against him and the other person charged with the same crimes.

Let me suggest that Romeo transfer to Neah Bay or Clallam Bay. You can play there even if you rob a store with a gun. If he can't make the starting team at one of those schools, then head down the road and they will let you play at the other.... The team at the end of HWY 112 is trying to get their act together.

Or Crescent they let coaches assult players of the opposite team by entering the playing field and making a tackle. Then they let them coach baskeatball too.
Maybe not transfer to Crescent if you want to win though. They had the most talent in the NOL and got out coached.

Savant and Joe Chartraw could be roomates.
This post was edited on 2/28 9:18 PM by pirate78if(GetAdminCookie() != 0) {document.write(' (Revisions[/URL])');}

At Crescent, with 4 games to go & 2-0 in league, Crescent suspended 3 kids (starters) from the team and school. One kid for bringing a b-b hand gun in his basketball team bag and 2 others for antics unbecoming a student and athlete in the classroom. We don't put up with that crap. Then to top it all off Crescent's big guy rolls his ankle and is half of what he should be for those last 4 games and also he had a pinched nerve in his neck from being driven into the floor by Sequim's big 6'5" 265 lb. post.......He can't raise his arms above his head without pain....You do the math!!!

2 wins 4 losses = No Post season.

Ill bet you diddnt think 40 years later that people would bring up your TD saving tackle (as a Coach).
Seem's like to turn out to be an upstanding citizen, given the second chance. Should it only be coaches that get second chances?
I honestly dont know all the facts on either of the kids mentioned but one fact is that the WIAA rule for elegibility was followed.
Im not saying that what they did was right, or that I would have kept the kids on a team if i was the coach.

What im responding to is someone who was given a second chance, and is arragont enough to think that other people cant learn from their mistakes if given the same chance.

The kids at Jubilee Academy are given the same chance as these two boys.

The arrogance continues with your comments on the two schools.
I dont remember any bitching when the kids from Port Angeles were transfering to Crescent for sports. You werent complaining when kids from Neah Bay went to play there.
I actually like the fans and know alot of the players from the Crescent team. I also think that the Football coaches have the program heading back in the right direction.
It just gets under my skin when an someone who cant see past thier own mistakes, and bad mouths Kids, Schools, and Parents. I think you need to take a look at where you have been, and what you have accomplished since your second chance, and hope that these kids can bounce back from what has happened. The playing field and basketball court can be looked at in more than one way. It can be, and is a privilege to play and represent and your school and community. I also believe it to be a teaching tool for life. They have to look into thier teammates eyes everyday and know that they let their Parents, team, school, and community down. Right or wrong sometimes it is the only reason some kids stay in school. Then where do they end up? The coaches are sometimes the one who can get through to some kids. Every situation deserves to be looked at and dealt with accordingly. Some times a kid can be redirected. Other times not.

Have you checked on how Joe is doing today?

Like i said im not defending the actions of the kids. Im saying dont whine around about others are doing when you have done the same or similar things.

This post was edited on 3/9 10:49 AM by Devildad07if(GetAdminCookie() != 0) {document.write(' (Revisions[/URL])');}

I'll release the thread when all of my demands are met!!!!

If i see Jack Bower any where near my location i will keep posting!!!

That is a promise!!!

WOW, What a tirade!!!! Coach K didn't bad mouth anyone. I'm one of his players and posted the comment from his computer here at school. If he knew about this he would be pissed to say the least. At his retirement(2-22-07) Coach K got a standing ovation for his 40 years of service and dedication to Students and Athletes here at Crescent. 226 - 92 won lost record in football with 16 league championships and made the State Playoff 16 times with one State Championship and second 4 times and 3rd 5 times. The basketball team rolled over on him. We should have been at state this year....As far as being out coached I don't think so.. Did CB get out coached for not making it to State??? Did NB get out coached for not winning any games at State??? I don't think so...............
Let peace return to the North Olympic Peninsula.

Savant pleaded guilty to felony possession of stolen property (2 counts) and car prowl. Maximum sentence is 90 days, his accompliss has been sentenced to 45 days already.

Hopefully this will be his first and last brush with the courts. I know he has been accepted to the UW.I believe he is a good kid that got caught up in the moment and made a poor decision. I do wish him the best of luck in the future.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT