ADVERTISEMENT

Saw Prairie play Columbia River last night

statewide

Jan 18, 2004
I didn't like what I saw. Prairie is pretty average IMO. I think it shows that it is weak this year in SW Washington. Oh, and I really don't think Prairie is going to beat Mark Morris. I hope they do but if their offense is like last night, a lot of missed layups, it is going to be an uphill battle.

This post was edited on 1/18 8:47 AM by statewide

Yeah, I heard it was a messy game. Man Prairie is REALLY due to get a good post player. It has been years since they have had a real dominant post. If we had that to anchor our guard play it would absolutely help. If only there were more Sittons coming soon! If only...
3dgrin.r191677.gif

Sloppy play won't get ya far, Falcons gotta curb that. Even though yes, they are very young... they gotta step it up.

The good news is that Mark Morris is not a big team either so if Prairie can make a few layups and play some good defense, there is a chance.

yikes, they lost to WF West Saturday night. Mark Morris must be licking their chops.

Yikes. No good for Prairie. Mark Morris will probably walk all over the Falcons. I mean you never know, but very unlikely that Falcons win. W.F. West is a very good team, though, from what I hear. 2nd ranked in 2A. That said, Prairie needs to do much better to have even a chance at MM.

If Prairie really was deserving of their ranking this year, we wouldn't be worried about playing the #1 2A school at our place. It would be great if they pulled the upset (can't believe I just said that) but if they can't, making the state tournament past the first round of 16 looks in doubt.

Yeah we're getting the "Gonzaga courtesy" right now. Gonzaga, no matter how good they are, gets a ranking just because of their reputation generally. Prairie is in the same boat. Well, and also, they have a good record because they haven't played a large quantity of great teams.

I'm hoping we can at least escape this weak league as league champs. I want us to succeed past then but who knows.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT