ADVERTISEMENT

Sequim??

HockSports

Jun 5, 2007
Unfamiliar with a lot of teams up north this year, particularly Sequim. As a Hockinson fan, just trying to get a little bit of a heads up about what to expect from Sequim. Can anybody give me a little rundown of their team? How have they done this year? Are they big?

Thanks!

This post was edited on 2/20 9:26 AM by HockSports

Congratulations. That's a big accomplishment for a school the size of Hockinson competing against schools that are literally twice its size.. It's not an impossible task to make it to Yakima. I watched Mount Baker do it twice as the smallest school in 2A before coming down to 1A this year.

It sounds as though Sequim was a surprise to finish second in their District Tournament. They are ranked #7 by the Seattle Times, #23 by Scoreczar, and are unranked by the T.N.T.

This post was edited on 2/20 5:49 PM by Warrant3

Hockinson thanks you, Warrant! :)

Unfortunately, while I am happy Hockinson has made it this far, I have to say, the GSHL was way down this year. Even Mark Morris, while good, is a little down yet again this year. Curious to see how they fare against the northern teams.

Thanks for the info on Sequim. Sounds like a tough one for the young (and smaller) Hawks.

If state was still 16 teams, Hockinson would be in it, and I would be surprised based on the season so far. But regardless, Hawks finished strong and I'm pulling for 'em to overcome Sequim (tough game on the way!)

Of course Hockinson has made it to State. Just because a few people sit behind closed doors and plot to mess with 50 percent of the potential state title hopefuls doesn't mean they haven't made State. It is disgusting that after fifty years a few people pretend to include the public, just say it's done, and one half of the state bound kids are robbed of the entire state experience.

Congrats to the Hockinson kids and their coaches. Well done on their trek to the final sixteen.

We need term limits at the WIAA as well as congress.

Indeed, indeed!

Hockinson is very young too. Only two seniors on the squad, one of them starts, so hopefully next year should be real good for the Hawks.

My questions are:
1. Is the WIAA Executive Committee responsible for the new format? If not, who is?
2. How are members/ representatives of the WIAA selected?
This post was edited on 2/21 1:54 PM by Warrant3

I don't know Warrant. I think it is like finding out about Bengazi. Perhaps it starts at the top.

Proud of Hockinson, they fought so hard against Sequim. Big rally to come back and nearly take it. Fantastic game from Jack Klodt (jr). 3 seniors (one starter) will be lost for next year, lots of returning juniors. Great outlook for the Hawks for 2014.

Sequim is a solid team as well, good luck at state!

I just watched the highlights on KOMO TV. They had a shot or two at the end to tie it. Great effort.

ADVERTISEMENT