ADVERTISEMENT

Squalicum beats Cedarcrest

passion8

Nov 30, 2009
Squalicum Storm beat Cedarcrest 63-59. Great clutch free throws down the stretch. Qualls great on D on Zach in 2nd half. Physical game, Qualls bleeding from the mouth. Congrats Squalicum district champs!

-passion8

I've got to tip my hat to NWCsportsfan. The game played out the way he suggested it would. Qualls and Chunphakvenn were the headliners for the Storm, but Dickerson and Youtsey played key roles in the outcome. I expect to see both teams in Yakima.

Thanks Warrant. Just had a feeling...both teams have strong transition games and I just figured the game would play to those strengths. Those Storm kids simply know how to win in those tense 4th quarter finishes.

We also got a glimpse of their depth after Pierce went out and Dickerson & Youtsey played pivotal roles in the second half. That was huge as Pierce is such a key contributor on both ends of the floor for Squalicum. I will be shocked if both of those teams don't make it to Yakima.

Agree that the bench played a critical role this game. Their numbers/minutes would generally not say this has been the case during the year. Monster game by Chris and BJ. Glad to see it! Is Pierce OK?

-Passion8

Funny how much a week changes things. What appeared like where the loser of the Lynden-Squally game would play Clover Park, CP loses one of its best players, loses in its districts and now may play Squally in regionals. This depends on the game tonight of course.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT