ADVERTISEMENT

Squally 23 CP 21 1/2 time

Re: Squally 39 CP 40 End 3Q

nm
This post was edited on 2/25 9:01 PM by Smallpox

Re: Squally 53 CP 52 Late 4th

What a game for Squally against #1 Clover Park.

Saw this game. Can't say enough about how tough Squalicum played in the second half. Had a nice lead throughout the first half, but CP came out with higher intensity in the second half. Squally kept answering and pulled it out. Those kids are on a mission!

I've been "Luke-warm on the Storm" all year. They deserve serious congrats. I am happy to admit I've been wrong. Coming together with little experience and following one of the best 2A class ever. Congrats Storm! Best of luck at state...I might even have to go watch and root for them. Another SQ vs. BE final brewing???

That is a possible scenario. But, B-E's side of the bracket will now have Clover Park and possibly Grandview if they win tonight (Saturday) against Clarkston. Those two teams were at #1 in 2A most of the season. Tough road there. But if both teams can manage to win their first 2 games next weekend we would have a rematch in the title game for the 3rd straight year. I would love to see that happen personally - it would say volumes about the quality of the NWC...

Do the state rankings really matter? Squally wasn't in the top 10 all year, right? Anything can happen which is what makes watching HS basketball so much fun.

I agree that rankings don't matter. But, I have seen both CP and Grandview first hand now and believe that they would prove formidable foes for B-E. Much tougher than what they faced last year prior to the final game.

How about who BE faced the past TWO years in the Tourney? About time it gets a bit more difficult! Didn't see 3 years ago since SQ was in 3A tourney...

I never really get into who has a tougher bracket. Bottom line is you have to win three games this weekend to be 1st. Unlike the previous few seasons I don't see a clearcut favorite this year. I think any one of 6 teams could easily end up on top. I was wondering during the season whether or not the NWC was mediocre this year, but after last weeks outcomes I feel either team representing the conference can take the title. But, just as easily I can see B-E being two and out if not on top of their game. Just for the hec of it here's my predictions for first round:

B-E over Grandview
River Ridge over CP
Squalicum over Tumwater
W. Valley over Kingston

Here's my picks, only one game different than yours BE Fan:

B-E over Grandview
CP over River Ridge
Squalicum over Tumwater
W. Valley over Kingston

I agree with Passion's picks. However, the one game I really feel could turn out differently is B-E/Grandview. Grandview likes the 3-ball and if they are hitting their shots they will be tough. Tremendous team quickness. Ultimately I think Burlington's size advantage will win out, but a very interesting matchup in my opinion.

I agree NWC fan. It will be a competitive game I'm sure. As I said if not ready to play B-E could be 2 and done the way the bracket shapes up. Not just going with my heart here though, I think this is a good match up for B-E similar to Anacortes & Cedarcrest being good matchups. Also I'm not quite as sold on Grandview as I was a couple weeks ago. I'm wondering a little bit about the league strength this year and in reading the Yakima Herald it appears they may have just coincidently gone into a bit of a shooting slump when they played against the GSL teams. But, Grandview is one of the 6 I think could win it all as well.

I like Burlington in their opener. All due respect to Grandview, but I think this is a tough matchup for the Hounds. BE can shoot the 3 with any team I've seen. They have some quickness on the perimeter with Jordan Garcia, they have size, and they've been here. They also have a go-to guy in Will Stewart who can get them a bucket when they really need it, something BE Fan focused our attention on a couple of weeks back.
This post was edited on 3/1 6:00 PM by Warrant3

ADVERTISEMENT