ADVERTISEMENT

St. John/Endicott got cheated hard!!

prince13

Aug 29, 2005
what a joke. there are three referees and none of them could see that Den Boer's foot was not only on the line, but well over it. That should be the first thing a ref is watching in that situation! WOW! I saw it last night on the news, they did a close up, and really it was not that close!! His foot was unmistakeably over the line. You have to feel bad for the St.J/Endi Eagles! They work so hard all season, have a great year and a chance at doing something special, and get cheated out of a chance to move on in the state tournament. I also heared time was added to give Sunnyside C. an extra couple of seconds. I hope those referees feel good about not doing their job and ruining a good year for the eagles.

SOUR GRAPES you cant leave it close enough to allow the refs decide the outcome!

THE REFS SHOULD NEVER DECIDE THE OUTCOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

that is true, sje did get hosed ... and i'm disapointed cuz i'm from the west side and i still honestly think that sje is one of the top 4 teams at the tourney this year, but after the tough Sunnyside loss they lost a little momentum ... the mossy girls also had a tough draw with the officials when they faced LaSalle with a yakima valley official that they had the day before and also the year before ... i know its no comparison to what SJE went through ... but its tough when you are playing the other team and the officials at the state tourney ... thats just not right... sorry SJE that's tough luck and its sucks ... you and the mossy girls are in somewhat similar cases ... and its unfortunate

yea, a tough gig for the mossy rock girls to. the problem i have with that sunnyside christian game with st.john/endi is the protests went to no help. I would think they would of had a pretty good protest. And i would think that the refs should have in their mind after adding those seconds, "ok we just added a couple of seconds on the clock, and without video review that is questionable practice, so let's make sure these last few seconds go with no further error". 2 unimaginably 1 sided calls is just sad! it's over though and all st. john can think about is what if there was an overtime which there should have been. Too bad those seniors have to live with those refs errorS for a long time.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT