ADVERTISEMENT

Statewide: MM goes down to WF West

HockSports

Jun 5, 2007
How about that? WF West puts down MM 53-37. Hopefully they are on opposite sides of the brackets so they could meet in the title game. Sounds crazy!

WF West got out to an 18-0 lead before MM finally woke up. I hope they end up on opposite sides too. It would be a shame if these teams meet any earlier than that. It would be one heck of a championship game.

well well, we got our wish with a WFWest and MM championship. And I got what I really wasn't expecting, a WF West state winner. MM just didn't play their best game and that's what it takes to repeat.

It is suspect to say with hindsight, but this was not a surprise. WF had too much size with respectful athletism.
MM burned too much energy with razzle dazzle at times. A great main 3 at MM without question but maybe settled in to a comfort level while WF keep improving. This little dose of humility for the juniors and MM is back next year on a mission. Maybe the best for both teams. WF obviously studied the film, specifically the Skyview and Prairie games. Good work.

I noticed the "razzle dazzle" the first time I saw MM play and all that starts in pre game warmups. They get a little too caught up in how well they can dribble between the legs, etc. Between the legs, behind the back all makes sense if it gives you an advantage on offense. But MM does it for show, to let the opponent know just how skilled are we. I got tired of it quickly and couldn't imagine an Aldridge led team doing all that.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT