ADVERTISEMENT

Sunnyside Over West Valley

ty2grizz

May 16, 2005
Sunnyside defeats West Valley YAH! what happen I thought we (Sunnyside) were supposed to not be good because we have only played weak teams ya well squash that theory! haha well I think we just had a really good day, but we are also a really good team. We finally beat the rams on there own courts that hasnt happend since the early 90's!

well if you hadnt stacked your #2 doubles and manned up and played burke and liebrecht at #1 it would be a different story

Well Sorry to disappoint you but there was no stacking going on! Thats our line up so you should do your homework before you open your mouth!

its not possible you're #1 doubles are better than youre #2...i mean you guys did beat us no doubt like your singles are really good, but youre doubles are way out of order
This post was edited on 4/12 1:53 PM by KINGMEEEif(GetAdminCookie() != 0) {document.write(' (Revisions[/URL])');}

It actually is possible becuase your #1 doubles is WAY better than your #2 so i guess it just looked like they were better becuase our #1 and #2 doubles are about even but the guys that are at number one belong there because they are better! Get it?

You don't know what your talking about. They played in practice and the #1 beat the #2. Sunnyside's coach wouldn't stack he hates that crap. The lineup has been this way all year. If they play again and it changes so will the lineup. I know their coach, I used to play for him. He's about the most honest guy around. If we hooked people on calls we heard about it. However it may have seemed to you, you are wrong kingmee. There was no stacking. I will however say that Wv's #3 looked alot better than their #2 yesterday.
This post was edited on 4/12 6:35 PM by spokalooif(GetAdminCookie() != 0) {document.write(' (Revisions[/URL])');}

I would have to agree watching west valleys #2 doubles compared to there #3 doubles. The #3 looked alot better than the number 2 unless they were having a bad game which i doubt. Just face it kingmee Sunnyside won and stop being a sore loser. And yes, sunnyside has had this lineup the whole seaon except when they played hanford which did a little bit of switching around with the #2 singles man. Way to go Sunnyside in your victory.Just have to be a little more prepared when we play Hanford again.

#2 Sunnyside (4-1)

I would have to agree watching west valleys #2 doubles compared to there #3 doubles. The #3 looked alot better than the number 2 unless they were having a bad game which i doubt. Just face it kingmee Sunnyside won and stop being a sore loser. And yes, sunnyside has had this lineup the whole seaon except when they played hanford which did a little bit of switching around with the #2 singles man. Way to go Sunnyside in your victory.Just have to be a little more prepared when we play Hanford again.

#2 Sunnyside (4-1)

umm pretty sure i wasnt being a sore loser, i said nice job you guys won, were just gunna beat you hte second time around

you actually don't know what you're talking about. Four years ago when danny was a freshman they played West Valley early in the season up at west valley. OUTCOME... Danny lost to Wagar and Jonny lost to Brantner the doubles then sweeped so we won 5 to 0. then one of our last matches of the season against sunnyside the pleshas played doubles so they stacked since they had been playing singles all year and moved their one double to two and two to three then threw their two worst JV players against Wagar and Brantner because they knew they couldn't beat us fair and square. they swept the doubles and it was WV's first lost in 7 years because Sunnyside STACKED. SO DON'T TELL ME TROY DOESN'T STACK.

As I recall, the Plesha's ended up playing doubles in the post season. For seeding purposes it is smart to have them play at lease one doubles match against league opponents. I don't call that stacking doubles, I call it smart coaching. As long as your best players are either in the number one singles or number one doubles it isn't cheap. Johnny and Danny were definetly their number one doubles team!

you are most certainly right and i do probably have a skewed opinion. i think the highest of the sunnyside coach he is a fenominal, professional coach. i mean he can drop $1500 for a ball machine because he cannot coach poor danny. i feel so sad the sunnyside tennis program that they have that kind of budget and are allowed to spend phenominal amounts of money for their players. however west valley cannot. they cannot even pass a bond for their schools so no one up at west valley cares much about tennis. Great coaching. (it would be nice to have a big budget) i predict that WV gets the next win against sunnyside.

It was 4-1, not 5-0 the first time and two of Sunnyside's losses were in 3 sets. Sunnyside #1 doubles won, Plesha lost 7-5 in the third set, and another doubles lost a close one. The second time was the exact lineup for postseason. No JV players played Brantner and Wagar, they were the number 5 and 6 on the ladder. Plesha's were 1&2 Ramos and Jaquish 3&4. (Both went to state) You're nose is growing with all the lies.
This post was edited on 4/14 7:27 PM by spokalooif(GetAdminCookie() != 0) {document.write(' (Revisions[/URL])');}

So do you have any concrete numbers on the budgets for the tennis programs of Sunnyside and West Valley?

Oh, and also, Danny probably uses the ball machine less than most of our team; we use it for various drills, and Danny usually hits with Kevin Floyd.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT