ADVERTISEMENT

Tahoma's field has become an issue...

Wildcat alum

Oct 21, 2005
This is just silly... Tahoma is a good offensive team this year, if you haven't heard. However...

... Tonight, they hit 7 homeruns at their park. That's SEVEN for just Tahoma. Yes, this is more than normal... however, they hit 3 ROUTINELY and 5 happens once or twice a year. This field is truly a joke...

First of all... it's a bad infield, with a backstop that is right on the hitter and dugouts that don't allow for a normal turn towards second base. Second, and more importantly, the outfield is 290-320 feet ALL THE WAY AROUND! Yes, it's 300 feet to center... 320 to the "power" alleys. I'm serious... this is no joke. Wait... yes it is... THE FIELD I MEAN!

It's UNCOMMON that less than 3 homeruns are hit by both teams in a game... UNCOMMON. I've seen 9 homeruns by both teams there in one game.

This sways averages, is a decided advantage for the home squad... this field has "killed" some good SPSL league records, and gives unearned credit toward Tahoma's players. Don't get me wrong, Tahoma is a good team with good players, but it is not right. This is not the players fault in any way... the school should do something about it.

It may be exciting, but these are not good swings that leave the yard. A bad swing should be an out. This field rewards kids for average or below average swings. We are in an age of technology with bats... shoot, even guys like Mike Warchol and Go Royals could hit it out of Tahoma. This park needs to be changed.
This post was edited on 4/17 10:00 PM by Wildcat alumif(GetAdminCookie() != 0) {document.write(' (Revisions[/URL])');}
This post was edited on 4/17 10:02 PM by Wildcat alumif(GetAdminCookie() != 0) {document.write(' (Revisions[/URL])');}

The field doesn't usually decide the game so Tahoma must have a good team (aren't they 11-1 or something like that?). But 290-320 is a joke in terms of stats. HR's are few and far between in Wesco North with the giant fields they play on. Cascade is 350 to the line in left, 387 to straight left, 400 to center and 408 to right field line. Last year there were a total of 4 HR's hit there all season. This year there have been 5 total thus far. There were zero HR's in the Cascade/Jackson game there this year. But 12-15 balls were hit over 350' that day - two triples, a double, 2 singles and the rest outs. The players play where they play so I commend the Tahoma players for taking advantage of the fences and winning the games. Their opponents don't seem to be hitting them out with the same regularity. But where do you pitch any decent hitter at Tahoma and keep it in the park?

Good thoughts. Yes, Tahoma is better than most all the other teams except for Auburn this year... and they are a strong offensive club at that. I commend them too... they are good players.

They may hit a few more homeruns than their opponents, but not many more. Like I said, I was at a game that had 9 there. 5 by Kentridge, 4 by Tahoma. It's a joke, really.

i also read in the paper that Tahoma hit seven homeruns in one game.

i have to admit that i agree with some earlier posts that state that two teams play on the same field. it is not Tahoma's fault for taking advantage of thier home park. ever hear of a "home field advantage".

before we go and tear down a baseball field because of homeruns, did anyone ever think that maybe it has something to do with the pitching in the WEAK SPSL North division. look at the teams and the records that Tahoma is putting large homerun numbers up against. Sumner, Enumclaw, Auburn Mt.View, KM. not the greatest of pitching staffs on those teams. no personal knock against them, but if you leave a curveball up in the zone, or a fastball that is not all that fast......400 feet is not going to keep those balls in the park.

2-smoove out!!!! Peace!

"what are you doing........there is no crying in baseball"
-Tom Hanks-

Definition of joke-(provided by www.dictionary.com)

Something said or done to evoke laughter or amusement, especially an amusing story with a punch line.

To call someones field a joke is improper therefor this makes you wrong, I have never once laughed at a fence, they don't dance, tell jokes back, any of that. Tahoma has skills obviously, if it goes over the fence I dont care it is a 500 ft. fence its a homerun, end of discussion, so therefor it is not an issue, and a waste of time. Get over it, PLAY BALL!

Thank you, because yes that was a smart post, and it was the first time on this subject you haven't posted something of a whining matter.

Whining- (from www.dictionary.com) To complain or protest in a childish fashion.

This describes it perfectly, finally something briliant shut you up, and honestly I am proud of that as well as some others I am willing to bet!

you really cant argue with an individual who quotes the dictionary!! I see that Tahoma won again though at KMP with no homeruns......they must not have been using the imported Dominican balls.
2-smoove out!! Peace!

"I think i just failed the WASL again"
-2-smoove

lego
n : (trademark) a child's plastic construction set for making mechanical models

man
n. pl. men (mn)
A member of the genus Homo, family Hominidae, order Primates, class Mammalia, characterized by erect posture and an opposable thumb, especially a member of the only extant species, Homo sapiens, distinguished by a highly developed brain, the capacity for abstract reasoning, and the ability to communicate by means of organized speech and record information in a variety of symbolic systems.

Yes! I love it, I'm not the only one quoting the dictionary, but it did shut him up and he is done complaining!

Hey listen... I'll shut up about it, I really didn't mean to get everyone this fired up about it. Maybe I came on a little to strong when I first wrote about it? I just was alarmed when they (Tahoma) hit 7 homeruns against A-Mtn View, and already had feelings about the yard being a "joke"... apparently, that wasn't the right word as Legoman pointed out...

Anyways, I've said all along they are a good team... sorry for the perceived whining. Just bringing something to the table...
This post was edited on 4/20 2:40 PM by Wildcat alumif(GetAdminCookie() != 0) {document.write(' (Revisions[/URL])');}

first off enumclaws pitching gave up one home run against tahoma. Second, you clearly havent been to tahomas field or you would realize what a problem it actually is. It's like playing back in little league again. The fences stand 5 feet high until you get to the last 20 feet in right field. The deepest part on that field might break 315. Any pop fly hit with any power is out of there. If they showed a picture of the spots those balls landed im betting only a hand full brok 350. And no one on tahomas team could hit a ball 400 feet

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT